E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Case Screws

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII Case Screws
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Case Screws  (Read 3574 times)
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »

I'm in the process of restoring my EII+ and wondered if anyone knew exactly what thread type and size the large screws are that mount the top plastic moulding to the bottom metal chassis as mine are very oxidised and need replacing.   Being an American design it is highly unlikely these are metric - anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

Dan.

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
sneakyalien

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »

Hi Dan,I have some spare emu screws that came out of my emulator II+hd,I had some new screws put in my emu,I don't know how many I have but can dig what I have out and you can have them for free if you want.

regards,
Sneaky Alien.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

They are inch based thread.

Can't you find these screws ? Where are you ?
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »

Hi - I suspect they are UNC or UNF thread screws which are slightly more difficult to get hold of in Europe - there is a place local to me that should be able to match them up with new ones - I will check at the weekend.

Thanks for the offer of spare screws from the other guy but I'm specifically after shiny new ones.   I'm also going to have the grey case paint matched with a colour match machine to make up some touch up paint.

By the time I've finished this EII+ should look really tidy.   Grin

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »

Hi - I suspect they are UNC or UNF thread screws which are slightly more difficult to get hold of in Europe - there is a place local to me that should be able to match them up with new ones - I will check at the weekend.

Thanks for the offer of spare screws from the other guy but I'm specifically after shiny new ones.   I'm also going to have the grey case paint matched with a colour match machine to make up some touch up paint.

By the time I've finished this EII+ should look really tidy.   Grin

OHA!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Case Screws

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines