E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How to get Alchemy / Sounddesigner EII Program on a Mac Classic ??

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:44:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  How to get Alchemy / Sounddesigner EII Program on a Mac Classic ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to get Alchemy / Sounddesigner EII Program on a Mac Classic ??  (Read 2715 times)
Gul Dukat

« on: September 11, 2013, 12:59:14 AM »

Dear community,
I face the problem having the files already on my Mac/PC but do not know how to get them on my Macintosh Classic II to run on it. The Mac Classic formats floppy disk with 800K (MFS Format) which cant be read in PC. I check if the PC Program Transfermac can read this format but it seems only be able to handle HD formatted floppy disks ?
Do you have any hint for me how to get the files on the Mac?
Thanks,
 Matt.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:06:13 AM by Gul Dukat » Logged

E-mu Emulator II+, E-mu Emulator III, E-mu Emax II Turbo, E-mu E6400 Ultra, E-mu Drumulator
PFM

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:14:12 AM »

Hi Matt,

Does your Mac Classic II have a working SCSI (DB25) port at the back? and if so, do you have access to any external SCSI drives? (HDD, Zip, Jaz, etc). You would still need a SCSI card / port on the machine you've got the software currently on though. In the past, I've used a Zip drive with a SCSI card in a PC or Mac. I've also used an old Belkin USB-to-SCSI adaptor, which works well.

Cheers,

Mike

2 x Emulator II, 2 x Emax II Turbo, and 2 x ESI4000
ahaigh01

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »

Hi Matt,

I was able to move SD for EII from my PC  to my Mac Classic I with floppy only.  The Mac should be able to format HD floppies, but also the MacDisk (demo) can format a Mac floppy on PC.  Later when I am at home I'll confirm this..

I wrote up how I got all this to work in this post:

http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=1941.msg7782#msg7782

Let us know how you make out...
Alan
ahaigh01

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »

Ok, just checked how my Mac Classic handles HD vs DD floppies for formatting.  It will auto-detect which type is inserted and format it accordingly.  Are you sure you are using an HD floppy? Also I'm wondering if the MacDisk program for PC will solve the problem - it is needed to allow a PC to handle copying a Mac file on to a Mac disk...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:38:39 PM by ahaigh01 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How to get Alchemy / Sounddesigner EII Program on a Mac Classic ??

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines