E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax HD rack, power or chip issue?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:50:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emax HD rack, power or chip issue?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax HD rack, power or chip issue?  (Read 1894 times)
pegasi

« on: October 06, 2013, 09:40:29 AM »

Hello, I recently purchased an Emax HD rack for a good price, but it turned out to be DOA.  Opened it up with an engineer friend of mine, and there were no obvious signs inside... no capacitors busted, no signs of burn, the two fuses on the back were fine, and very little dust.  Mind you, it was a cursory sweep, we didn't check every point.  When we attempted to turn it on, you can just hear a very faint high frequency hum, the disk doesn't sound like it's booting, and nothing shows up on the display.

I've asked around locally (Toronto) but I cannot get any informed answers.  Does this sound like a power supply issue?  We checked some of the levels and my friend thought that some seemed to be significantly off for at least one of the PSU connections.  Is replacing the PSU the first step for troubleshooting?

Also, is it safe to get any PSU with suitable specs (e.g., found one that would fit in its place... 65W max, V1+5V, V2+12V, V3+12V,V4-12V), or should I order one directly from EPR?

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:31:44 PM by pegasi » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax HD rack, power or chip issue?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines