E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - loading bank from midi

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  loading bank from midi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: loading bank from midi  (Read 2315 times)
Jvpiter8

« on: October 08, 2013, 06:43:56 AM »

Hi. To cut a long story short it seems that my emax corrupted the files on the HD. It had more than 30 banks of my own sounds. Now when I try to load a bank the banks listed are only 5 and they go from 27 bank. The previous banks seem to be lost, they aren't listed.

Yesterday I connected my emax to a drum machine Korg ESX thu midi. While browsing thru different parameters on the ESX suddenly Emax started to load a bank from HD. It was bank 01. It sounded perfect so the banks seem to be there in the HD, maybe only the table of contents of the disk is corrupted.
My question is is it possible that some command sent through midi  from the ESX triggered a 'load bank' message on the emax??? I was able to reproduce this behavior several time while browsing presets on the drum machine. It always loads bank 01. So I suppose the message sent is something like preset change.
Any help? I want to recover my banks.

- No more floppy seconds - Emax HD
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:28:04 PM »

Loading banks on the Emax can indeed be instructed by a remote computer with a MIDI SYSEX message.
The message structure is: F0 18 02 10 xx F7
xx is the bank number in hexadecimal notition (e.g. bank 12 means xx=0C)

I hope you can recover your HD banks.
If it doesn't work with MIDI, you may try to make an image of the whole hard disk on a computer (by connecting the HD to a PC instead of the Emax and using a raw imaging tool to read the disk and write the contents to an IMG file). If it's only the index table which is corrupt on the HD, I can easily repair that image if you want. The repaired image can then be written back to a HD.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - loading bank from midi

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines