E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How do I replace the EIII XP hard drive?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  How do I replace the EIII XP hard drive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do I replace the EIII XP hard drive?  (Read 13981 times)
traxus12

« on: October 15, 2013, 04:09:33 AM »

My EIII XP rack will no longer detect its internal hard drive (a QUANTUM LPS340S) and is unable to format it. After trying everything, I've removed the hard drive from the EIII XP. What kind of drive can I replace it with? Will a modern hard drive work?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:11:07 AM by traxus12 » Logged
edude

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:04:16 AM »

http://www.artmix.com/CF_AztecMonster.html

if an acard 7720 is not available then try this, which is essentially an acard 7720 and cf drive in one. maybe report back with results also?
traxus12

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:56:20 PM »

Thank you. I bought a CF AztecMonster and it's currently sitting in my EIIIXP. However, it doesn't appear to be detecting my CF card. I still only see the D0 Floppy Disk.

I'm using a 256mb SanDisk from an old digital camera. Is it the CF card that's the problem? Do I need to format it outside the EIIIXP before plugging it in or something? Should I just start buying CF cards until I find one that the EIIIXP can see?

update:

Ah! I got it working. I'm not sure exactly what I did but I started experimenting with the jumper on the CF AztecMonster. I set the EIIIXP's SCSI ID to 4 in the Master settings and switched the jumper that covers two pins on the CF AztecMonster to the line that says "2". I must be an idiot because I don't understand the grid picture in the AztecMonster's manual about what SCSI ID that makes it but whatever...it works. The SanDisk 256mb CF card shows up as "D2 Ata SanDisk" under Drives and Format. It only took about three seconds to format and I'm able to load banks onto it. Very cool!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:29:44 PM by traxus12 » Logged
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »

If you look at the disk controler board, about the middle, you will see a fuse (SMD)
Take a volmeter, power the machine and measure volts between the sides of the fuse. If you get 0V, its okay, if not, take a regular fuse to wich you solder two little wires (on on each side) and solder the other sides of the wires on the side of the SMD original fuse. DO NOT TAKE IT OFF, you may damage the PCB.
Isoleta teh fuse you have put, and try .

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

Thank you. I bought a CF AztecMonster and it's currently sitting in my EIIIXP. However, it doesn't appear to be detecting my CF card. I still only see the D0 Floppy Disk.

I'm using a 256mb SanDisk from an old digital camera. Is it the CF card that's the problem? Do I need to format it outside the EIIIXP before plugging it in or something? Should I just start buying CF cards until I find one that the EIIIXP can see?

update:

Ah! I got it working. I'm not sure exactly what I did but I started experimenting with the jumper on the CF AztecMonster. I set the EIIIXP's SCSI ID to 4 in the Master settings and switched the jumper that covers two pins on the CF AztecMonster to the line that says "2". I must be an idiot because I don't understand the grid picture in the AztecMonster's manual about what SCSI ID that makes it but whatever...it works. The SanDisk 256mb CF card shows up as "D2 Ata SanDisk" under Drives and Format. It only took about three seconds to format and I'm able to load banks onto it. Very cool!

Anyone who has had problems with this converter card?

I'm thinking about buying one but the guy who makes them says it's made for Akai series and that there's problems when using with E3X
Stephencl

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »

I am using them in all three if my XS's with no issues...must have older cards though...emu's are very picky on media...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How do I replace the EIII XP hard drive?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines