E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Convert .emx files?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:35:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Convert .emx files?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Convert .emx files?  (Read 4227 times)
who

« on: November 12, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »

Is it possible to convert .emx files to .em1 or .sf2?  I have a bunch of .emx files I would like to use in other samplers, but can't find a way to convert them.

Thanks!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »

What exactly do you mean with .EMX files ?

The extension naming standard for EMAX files, applied by the original EMX software and by EMXP, is:
- .EM1 for Emax 1 bank files on floppy disks
- .EM2 for Emax 2 bank (part) files on floppy disks
- .EMX for Emax 1/Emax 2 operating system files

If your files are operating system files, it doesn't make sense to convert them to SF2 or EM1, because they don't contain sounds.

If your files have originally been created by mistake with the wrong extension (EMX instead of EM1 or EM2), just rename the extension to either EM1 of EM2. If these renamed files are recognized by EMX/EMXP and load on your Emax, you can convert them to SF2 as well (with EMXP)

Or are your EMX files even an other type of file ? 
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 03:08:31 PM »

Forgot to mention: if these EMX files are Korg EMX bank files, I don't think there's any option to convert those to EM1 or SF2...
who

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »

They are Emax .emx files named as if they contain samples.  I can't read the files, so can only assume.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Convert .emx files?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines