E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hello all, key replacement procedure please

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Hello all, key replacement procedure please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello all, key replacement procedure please  (Read 3297 times)
Alanwilder

« on: December 10, 2013, 04:09:34 AM »

Hello everybody,

I've received lately a perfect working order Eii with a nice new screen/sd FD emulator . The only thing which is damaged is the very left C key.

I  read kawai K1 is a nice replacement and there are some available on ebay, how is the procedure to swap a key ? Please see pic attached, damage is on the branch left of this key.

Thank for your support,

* image.jpg (1397.84 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 547 times.)
PFM

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »

Hi,

Yes, the Kawai K1 keys are identical. The key-swapping is easy. I've replaced two separate EII machines with K1 keys, and the procedure is easy. Support the front of the key (edge facing towards you) and press down on the back of the key (edge tucking into the top of the chassis / control panel). The bottom and top 'C' keys are notoriously easy to damage, so stock up on those spare parts!

2 x Emulator II, 2 x Emax II Turbo, and 2 x ESI4000
Alanwilder

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »

thank you very much for your support, very appreciated !
 Grin

indeed I bought both top C and very low C in case it happens again with other emu I'm planning to get.

but why top C and very low C are more easily candidate to break  Huh

Cheers,
PFM

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »

It makes sense (sort of) that the top C key is venerable, as the two plastic prongs at the back, which clip under the rear of the keyboard's metal frame, are further apart, giving more stress on each ome. But the bottom C should have more strength (the two prongs are closer together). Do we just place triggered drum samples / hard kick drums on the bottom key more often?? Anyway, good old K1 keyboards are fairly common, and fairly cheap to get hold of. I believe that some of the Akai AX keyboards use the same keys, and so does a Korg model from around the mid-1980s (can't remember which one I'm afraid).

2 x Emulator II, 2 x Emax II Turbo, and 2 x ESI4000
Alanwilder

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »

Cheesy
Thank you again for your explanations , I was able to replace easily this key (k1 works indeed perfectly)
All the best
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hello all, key replacement procedure please

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines