E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - compact flash speed

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:28:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP General Discussion
| | |-+  compact flash speed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: compact flash speed  (Read 9848 times)
edude

« on: February 01, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »

i am wondering what speed is best for compact flash cards and the eiiix. i was able to get a sandisk 128mb 24x card and a generic 1gb 120x card to work with eiiix but the 1g card will usually cause a scsi error when it tries to load the backup sample when performing an undo. when this happens the sample is lost and maybe there are other errors in the preset. otherwise the card works fine, and i do notice the option in the eiiix to turn off backup but i would rather not have to do this. i guess this is down to the speed difference. any ideas on what cards to use and why?
traxus12

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »

Have you found CF cards that simply don't show up at all? I just plugged a CF AztecMonster with a SanDisk 256MB CF card into my EIIIXP rack, but on powering up, I only see the D0 Floppy Disk listed under Drives. Same thing if I go to Master - Disk Utilities - Format Disk. I only see the floppy drive. It doesn't see the CF card. Is this normal for a card that doesn't work, or do I have another problem?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - compact flash speed

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines