E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Smartest way to dump audio samples

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Smartest way to dump audio samples
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Smartest way to dump audio samples  (Read 3151 times)
Freddy

« on: December 19, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »

Hi,

using the EMuSer on the Emax I/II and EII helps me a lot to save time and to optimize the quality of the final output. Firstly I don't have to edit the samples with the instruments which saves time and memory and secondly i get the best possible audio result.
Unfortunately the EMuSer does not support the EIII RS422 interface as this option has never been materialized by E-mu.

As I'm more or less perfectionist when in comes to these "variables", I wanted to know how you dump your audio material into the EIII?
In particular it would be nice to hear about a digital solution.
Thanks
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 02:07:40 PM »

you can use emxp to convert wavs to eIII bank files.
ddvdave

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can use MIDI to dump samples in and out of the EIII, using Elektron's C6 software (or anything that supports MIDI SDS).

-Dave
ddvdave

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »

I did some tests timing MIDI SDS vs. SCSI sample transfers on the EIII and the results are quite dramatic!

The maximum 16-bit sample size you can dump via SDS is 2097151 samples, however due to the sample being split into many packets, the actual maximum sample size via MIDI is closer to 2097000 samples.

• 2097003 samples via MIDI/SDS took 4852 seconds (1 hr 20 mins 52 s) = 0.42 KBytes/s
  • 2097003 samples via SCSI took 100 seconds = 20.48 KBytes/s

Also, SCSI has no size limitations, so I also got the following test result:

4185031 samples via SCSI took 190 seconds (21.51 KBytes/s).

This is the first time I've used Alchemy 3.0 to communicate with the EIII over SCSI. I was surprised you don't need MIDI hooked up at all. All the commands are sent via SCSI also.

I would love to get a "modern" SCSI-USB adapter and write software that would run on modern OSs that could do SCSI sample dumps to/from the EIII  Smiley

-Dave
mg73

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:08:33 AM »

HI Dave,

I have an USBXchange Adaptec usb-scsi
I bought for my E4 but I havenĀ“t been able to get it to work
yet.
Tried all kinds of Mac OS and scsi program with no luck.

You can borrow it if you want.

Getting the EIII to do scsi transfer with a modern computer
would be a incredible step .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Smartest way to dump audio samples

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines