E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E-MU E-SYTNH Question about Flash Ram HELP :)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:28:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  E-MU E-SYTNH Question about Flash Ram HELP :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E-MU E-SYTNH Question about Flash Ram HELP :)  (Read 3571 times)
OG-B

« on: December 31, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »

I noticed you guys didn't have a E4 thread, So I wasn't sure were to post this. I hope this is Ok.

HIGH, Im B Smiley

So here goes, I have a E-MU E-Synth Keyboard. I have the E-Synth Rom and Orbit Phatt Rom installed. What I am wondering is if this unit can take the 16 meg flash ram. I would like to swap out the E-Synth rom, with a flash ram. If this is possible.

I read a couple articles that said it was a option, but it was hard to determine if they were speaking about the rack or the keyboard. The keyboards are slightly different than the racks in that the RFX, and CPU/Preset flash is built in. So I am unsure if this was a option for the E4K Line.

Also one last question, is it possible to upgrade the E-Synth Keyboards processor to the Ultra?

I appreciate your time, and any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
B
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »

Hi,

This forum is only for the pre-EOS samplers.
You'll have more luck finding an answer at this forum: http://www.emusonacid.co.uk/forum/

David
OG-B

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »

Yea, Unforetuntly that site won't let me sign up. Every time I do, it never sends the activation email. I guess I will just have to shot gun it. Buy it and see I if it works.
Thanks for you reply any ways.

And yes I did notice this was for pre EOS. Sorry.
lubb

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »

Hi,

if you are referring to the 16mb (model 6876) or 32mb (6877) flash sound memory, you would need to upgrade your E-Synth Kb Classic to the Ultra status first... and this upgrade is virtually impossible today, for the absolute lack of the needed parts (the whole motherboard has to be swapped..)

OG-B

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »

Hay Lub thanks man.
About the ultra upgrade, is the main board a Spetial board, or could any ultra main board be used?

And yes that is exactly what I was referring two. I didn't think it could be done, but I seen a couple articals were it lists it as a option. The board that is.

If any of you guys know how I can sign up to the other site let me know. I love talking old gear.

Only pre Eos sampler I have is the sp12. Sad So not much I can contribute here. Sorry.

lubb

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »

The main board from the keyboard version is different from that of rack v., so you cannot use any Ultra board..

I am looking to the Emu documentation of the 16 and 32mb sound flash memory, only Ultra-series samplers are listed here...

anyway, I use both the EOS Classic and Ultra samplers, I could try if my 32mb sound flash works in the Classic...
OG-B

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »

Yea that's kinda what I thought, as far the board goes. I guess I'll keep my eyes open for one. Ya never know, wired shit does pop up on eBay from time to time.

As far as the 32 meg. That defiantly won't work. The classics could only use 16 meg chips. So I know the 32 meg chips won't work. If you have a 16 meg chip, ya go for it and let me know. Smiley

I shoul probably just buy the damn chip and see, worst case scenic is it doesn't and I have to sell it. I just don't really have the cash to be doing a blind taste test right now. Ya know.

But I have also heard some of the orbit phatt and esynth roms came on flash. I don't know how true this is.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E-MU E-SYTNH Question about Flash Ram HELP :)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines