E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Crazy EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:44:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Crazy EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crazy EII  (Read 3903 times)
who

« on: January 04, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »

I've had my EII for a couple of years now and i really like working with it.  However, I've never had to work on an instrument so much to keep it running!  A labor of love I guess.

Anyway, the latest problem I've encountered is sporadic bursts of pitch and modulation messaging.  It will run fine for hours, then go crazy sending pitch and modulation messages.  This completely clogs the machine to the point the sound breaks up.

I've calibrated both wheel using the pots on the circuit board mounted to the shell, but that does not stop the behavior.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
who

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »

I found a loose connection to the power supply and I haven't experienced the "bursts" since I fixed it.  As someone else said on the board, lots of problems can be traced back to the power supply.
who

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:43:33 AM »

Had this come up again.  This time the 5 volt rail was off.  Once I fixed that, the problem went away.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Crazy EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines