E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New E3 owner - won't boot???

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:45:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  New E3 owner - won't boot???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New E3 owner - won't boot???  (Read 4538 times)
KOTARE

« on: January 11, 2014, 02:22:34 AM »

Hi there.  I've been waiting a long time for the stars to align and I bought an E3 the other day off of eBay/

Funny, they listed it at $900, someone bought it straight away but never paid!!!  Then they relisted it at $1500 (they got smart, damn...) and I saw it early and went, umm ok.

So, it's from a reputable instrument dealer in CA and comes from the collection of a serious synth player and composer.  No OS disc though, and they say that it's expected to work fine but alas no guarantees, such is eBay and old gears too often these days I find.

Anyway, I sequence a lot from the Octatrack.  Can I control the parameters of the E3 via MIDI at all?  If so, does anyone have the CC map???  THAT would be a flipping trip, if possible.

I'd like to maybe buy a cheap dedicated MIDI controller, mainly to adjust the ADSR settings for the envelopes.  Has anyone done this?

I'm a sample and synth guy, but I'd like to play this like a synth, hence the desire for mult-slider controls.

It's listed as serial 019300343, a model 6083 8mb version (right?)  Are they more reliable or less than the 4?

Also, it has a middle C key missing - anywhere for key replacements???
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:43:54 PM by KOTARE » Logged
KOTARE

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »

Ah a bit of an update...

The seller is a vintage music store. I asked them to insert the blue floppy that was shown in the auction pics to see if it was the OS.

Turns out that it doesn't boot - it cycles through the SC I chains but keeps repeating itself.

The seller has offered to fix it for me. I'd like to give him some help.

Is there any good e3 techs in the Burbank area? Also, what could this problem mean? Does the E3 need a floppy to start or is it on the HD and the HD is failing?

Also, if it needs a floppy OS is there somewhere where I can buy one without using omni flop?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:44:44 PM by KOTARE » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »

You can't control any of the edit parameters like e.g. ADSR from a MIDI controller using MIDI CC messages.

There are 2 assignable MIDI control parameters (MIDI A and MIDI B).

Any of these can control one of the following:

- pitch
- VCF cutoff
- VCA level
- LFO -> Pitch
- LFO -> Cutoff
- LFO -> VCA
- Pan

KOTARE

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »

Brilliant! Do you have the CC map at all to see all parameters which can be modified? Is there a CC code for sample start points? I'm taking it that all the things which can be assigned to the mod levers are CC controllable also?
KOTARE

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »

Oh I just reread that. Not so brilliant...
Rumbler

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:26 AM »

You could take it to Bruce Forat.

http://www.forat.com

Emulator I, Emulator IIx2, Emulator III, Emax SE Rack, Emax II Rack 8mg, EIIIXP, EIIIXS, SP1200
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New E3 owner - won't boot???

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines