E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII SOUND READ ON PC o MAC

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:14:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII SOUND READ ON PC o MAC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: EII SOUND READ ON PC o MAC  (Read 12381 times)
reiva

« on: February 08, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »

hello guys,
can you help?
my problem is the following ...
I sold my EII + HD (big mistake! .. I'm sad) but I have the original CDs to be read with SDII. exits already Now I would like to know if a software for mac or windows that you can read these formats cd by omi.
with sd II could very well but now I do not know how to do because I do not have a computer macintosh classic where I had the program SDII.
please help me I'm 'going crazy! Huh Huh Huh

best regards
M.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »

Everything you need to download & to read can be found here: http://users.skynet.be/emxp/CDS3.htm
reiva

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:45:07 AM »

Hi,Thanks! Grin

but not exist a modern software (kontakt or another) for read this format?
with CDS3 if possible change the extension? or save for another format?
ex:
.wav.
.sf2
or .nki  Huh

best regards
M.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:56 AM »

Maybe you should read the links that I send you Wink :

"The CDS3TOOL software is a small utility which is capable of extracting all Emulator II and Emax banks from original CDS3 cdroms"

EMXP:
"Conversions:
-          Conversion between WAV and Emax-I, Emax-II, Emulator-I, Emulator-II, Emulator-III, Emulator-IIIX, Akai S1000 or SoundFont2 files
-          Conversion between Emax-I/Emax-II, Emulator-I, Emulator-II, Emulator-III, Emulator-IIIX and SoundFont2 files"
reiva

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:07 AM »

Hi,
best response!
many thanks
but...a little old-fashioned ... but it all goes well, I'll try 'but will come out well a simple and instant sooner or later?!!!! Cheesy Wink
reiva

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »

...sorry i have a problem with win 8.1...always appear error
message that of not have a cdenable.sys...i not have a luck!
reiva

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 02:51:39 AM »

Hi guys with win8 have more problem ,for me the cds3 is complicated.
I have all library on HD the pc.(northstar and Universe of sound  on .EII and SDII format)

the problem, and now!!! now I have all the bank on the HD (I don't have the Emulator ) and I would like to hear them use it with a program like Halion or Kontakt.
how can I do?!

but only in this article if possible read the sound?
http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_steinberg_halion/
is TRUE notice?...is TRUE is fantastic solution!

please help me!!! Grin Grin Grin
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16:08 AM »

It's not really clear whether you have the EII files now succesfully copied from the OMI cdroms or not...

Anyway:

If you want to use the sound banks from these old OMI cdroms in Halion, following steps should be taken:
1/ copy all sound banks from the OMI cdroms to .EII files (these are Emulator sound bank files in SoundDesigner for EII format). This can only be done with CDS3TOOLS.
2/ convert these .EII files into a sampler format that Halion understands. These are the candidates:
- SoundFont2 (which will contain all preset and voice parameters as well, e.g. envelopes, filter, ...)
- WAV (which will only contain the raw sounds)
This can be done with EMXP.
3/ import the SF2 or WAV files in Halion

As far as I know the SDII format supported by Halion is NOT the same as the SD4EII format. The SDII format is a sample format used by SoundDesigner II, not by SoundDesigner for Emulator II. SDII files are like WAV files... they only contain sample sounds and some basic sample parameters.
Perhaps a third conversion candidate is Emulator-III format, but I'm not sure if Halion can read it, and if it can, it will probably only be a candidate if you would first create an Emulator-III cdrom instead of individual EIII (.EB3) files. That's too complicated, so let's assume only SF2 and WAV are possible candidates.

So what you can do is:
1/ If you don't have the EII bank files from your OMI cdroms yet (meaning you currently only have those cdroms), there is NO other option than using CDS3TOOL.
This tool (the program is called OMI.EXE) must be started from a Windows command box, double-clicking on it will not work.
OMI.EXE can either read the cdroms directly, or an ISO image of those cdroms.
Please read the README file included in CDS3TOOLS.
Note: in case the direct reading of OMI cdroms by OMI.EXE doesn't work, you should first make an ISO image of the cdroms with some other software (like MagicISO). Then copy the banks from this ISO file with CDS3TOOLS.

2/ Once CDS3TOOLS has copied the EII files from the OMI cdroms (or ISO images), you'll have to convert them to either SF2 format or WAV format.
This can be done with EMXP (the program is called EMXPN.EXE)
If you have run EMXP for the first time, it will have automatically created some subfolders in EMXP's folder. One of them is called \Images.
Copy the EII files that you want to convert to SF2/WAV to this \Images folder.
Then, in EMXP select "3. Manage Emu Emulator II Images and Disks" and then "1. Manage Emulator II Bank Images".
Then select the EII files (e.g. press A if you want to select all of them), then press ENTER and select:
- either "2. Convert to other sampler format" and then "6. Convert to SoundFont2 Files" if you want to create SF2 files
- or "7. Show Samples", then select all samples (press A and ENTER), and select "1. Create WAV File(s) from Selected Samples"

If you have chosen to create SF2 files, you will find the resulting SF2 files in the \Images folder of EMXP
If you have chosen to create WAV files, you will find the resulting WAV files in the \Wav folder of EMXP

All information can be found in the EMXP manual included in the ZIP package of EMXP.

Note: the next version of EMXP will not be limited to these fixed \Images and \Wav folders anymore...

3/ Finally import these SF2 files or WAV files in Halion

I hope this helps.

///E-Synthesist
reiva

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:07 PM »

Goodmorning!Fantastic response!
Finally have understand!!!!
Now I understood very well, with an explanation so 'precise!

I will extract the sounds from the cd rom omi (I do not have create a ISO image), but I pulled every single bank.
Now try 'as I have suggested.
I will let you 'just know I solved.

we hope that the future is really EMXP 'most comprehensive and complete that can recreate the patches of individual samples. or create formats for how kontakt.
this would be great!

best best regards

Ivan Cheesy Cheesy
reiva

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
hi, Wink
I'm 'trying following instructions to the letter but I get the error 126 with option 1 and 2, with the 3 get the error 204.
I copied the individual sounds in SDII format in the images folder (using windows xp).
but when I use emxp from those mistakes, something wrong?
the picture I posted.
thanks again

* Cattura.PNG (79.85 KB, 801x603 - viewed 645 times.)
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 02:45:45 AM »

If you get error 126 even if the files are in the \Images folder, the reason is most probably that your files don't have the correct file extension (for Emulator II banks, that's ".EII")
EMXP only "sees" files with specific extensions (see the EMXP manual page 24)

CDS3TOOLS generates files with correct extensions, but from the background of your screenshot picture, I derive that the files you have copied to \Images are not OMI files but the ones from the EmulatorArchive CDROM.
These files had no file extension.
(you can check this by right clicking on one of them in Windows Explorer, e.g. 04 Grand Piano, and looking to the "properties". File type is probably empty, while it should say "EII File (.EII)")

OK, so in that case you will have to add this .EII extension to all of your files.
You can do that manually, or download a free tool like T800 Productions Change File Extension Shell Menu, which can change the extension very quickly at once for all selected files in Windows Explorer.

Once the files have the .EII extension, I hope EMXP will see them ;-)
reiva

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 03:40:59 AM »

Smiley
Hi, Mr M.
there are no words to express your kindness and help for my problem!
WOW!!! the tool was fantastic, in fact the banks were no extension.

Now when I go to convert the benches of 'omi and as if to stop and there is no option to save the banks in emxp wav.
below I have posted the whole procedure I did with the resulting error...if correct?!
sorry for my english and my ignorance.

* aCattura.PNG (90.4 KB, 814x670 - viewed 635 times.)

* bCattura.PNG (73.63 KB, 811x675 - viewed 604 times.)

* cCattura.PNG (71.79 KB, 802x664 - viewed 635 times.)

* dCattura.PNG (74.05 KB, 812x670 - viewed 603 times.)
reiva

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 03:42:08 AM »

another img

* eCattura.PNG (74.94 KB, 816x681 - viewed 633 times.)

* fCattura.PNG (83.5 KB, 816x681 - viewed 601 times.)

* gCattura.PNG (81.92 KB, 816x681 - viewed 583 times.)
reiva

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 03:46:55 AM »

Shocked
I finally went to see in the images folder and is only ONE a *.sf2 and not all as I had selected by pressing the A button..

* finalresult.PNG (92.49 KB, 816x681 - viewed 584 times.)
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »

If you select multiple files for conversion, EMXP will explicitly ask for a target SF2 file name prefix for EACH selected EII file.
So after you received the screen with the conversion results of your first file (12_STRING_GUITAR_1), you have to press ESC once. Make sure not to press ESC more than once.
OK, so after having pressed ESC once, EMXP is immediately asking for the target SF2 file name prefix for the second selected EII file, being 12_STRING_GUITAR_2.
Again you will have to press ENTER (or change the proposed name and press ENTER), and EMXP will convert the second file and show the conversion report of the second file.
The same has to be done for the third file, the fourth file, and so on.
So you have to repeat this ESC, ENTER, ESC, ENTER, ESC, ENTER, ... sequence until all files are converted.

I know, it's a lot of hitting keys ;-)
No worries, the next version of EMXP supports batch conversions.

Did you do the above sequence of actions for each file, or did you press ESC twice and cancel the conversions ?
Because that seems to me the only possible reason why there's only one SF2 file...

Regarding the option to convert to WAV: as I explained in a previous message, you can't find this option in the conversion menu.
To convert to WAV, you have to select each EII file seperately (so not all at once !), then press ENTER or "S" to get a list of all samples in the selected EII file. Then you can select all samples by pressing A and ENTER, and you will have the possibility to create WAV files.
Again, you will have to press ENTER quite some times to confirm the WAV file names for each sample...
... but fortunately the next version of EMXP will have also the batch possibility to convert all samples of multiple files to WAV in one run without having to hit a key. This next version will probably be released within a few weeks.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII SOUND READ ON PC o MAC

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines