E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII System Exclusive "implementation"

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:24:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII System Exclusive "implementation"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII System Exclusive "implementation"  (Read 3198 times)
ddvdave

« on: February 12, 2014, 04:49:57 PM »

I heard from Bob Bliss himself (author of the old EIII RC/Librarian) that the Sysex implementation on the EIII was definitely an after-thought and that they did not have room (memory) for any more than a simple "terminal emulation" remote control functionality.

That is to say in no uncertain terms: The EIII has NO Sysex implementation other than remote control of buttons and sliders. There is no direct access to edit parameters.

I hope to have my EIII remote available for beta testing soon on Mac & Windows using the free MaxPlayer. If I have time after it is released, I will try to document all the System Exclusive opcodes I have reverse-engineered so others can hack their own forms of remote controlling the EIII.

-Dave
mgronroos

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »

Ok, so here's an interesting thought:

What if we could omit part of the EIII OS that is of less importance in daily operation?
I would gladly sacrifice, for instance, the Sequencer and all the memory that it consumes, for the ability to use the EIII with an editor.
Brutally sacrifice functionality for the ability of external control.

It would be easy to just have an alternative boot disk for "slave mode".

If it would be possible to re-write part of the OS and exclude/add certain functionality, this would be really cool..

Cheers,
Michael
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII System Exclusive "implementation"

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines