E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Start up results/stays in 'Mounting Drives'

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:49:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII Start up results/stays in 'Mounting Drives'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Start up results/stays in 'Mounting Drives'  (Read 3277 times)
Schnooker

« on: February 15, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »

Hi everyone!

Thank goodness for this site.

I have a problem!
I have a beautiful condition E3 model 6081 (w/8MB upgrade!) running the latest/last Firmware v2.00 and Software v2.42.

Recently, every time I've turned the machine on, it goes through start-up and is fine 'loading system' and then hangs - forever on 'mounting drives'.

I'm meant to be shipping this to France on Monday and all of a sudden, I have a terrible feeling something's wrong with the HD.

Could anyone suggest some help, please.

All the best,
Stephen

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:54:04 AM »

try to play a little with the SCSI ID Sequence (but write down the order as it is right now, before you start).

greetz,
Elm.

P.S.: From what I understand, you boot from HD, don't you?
Schnooker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:21:10 PM »

Hi.
I actually think it's the OS on a corrupted floppy.
I tried many times over the weekend to make a new floppy with OmniFlop but every time it kept erroring the disk.
Does one absolutely have to use Double Density disks while proceeding with this operation?

Stephen
M.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »

Yes, you have to use DSDD like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pack-3-5-DS-DD-Floppy-Disk-720K-Clear-Case-DSDD-IBM-Format-All-New-/321121402545?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item4ac453beb1

When I created my OS disks I used 10 floppy disk of which only 3 worked. Maybe you should try other disks too.

Don't send it to France, I'm pretty sure that there's only a minor issue ..
Schnooker

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »

Hi, M.

Thank you.
I'm currently arranging the E3 to be sent to get serviced and will purchase these for it's return.
Thanks again.

Stephen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Start up results/stays in 'Mounting Drives'

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines