E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - CF AztecMonster - EIII doesn't see anything

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:39:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  CF AztecMonster - EIII doesn't see anything
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CF AztecMonster - EIII doesn't see anything  (Read 3737 times)
traxus12

« on: March 09, 2014, 01:55:02 PM »

I just plugged a CF AztecMonster with a SanDisk 256MB CF card into my EIIIXP rack. On Powering up, I only see the D0 Floppy Disk listed under Drives. Same thing if I go to Master - Disk Utilities - Format Disk. I only see the floppy drive. It doesn't see the CF card. How do I get it to see the CF card? Do I need to format it outside of the EIII before plugging it in? This card is from an old digital camera and still has some photos on it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:57:04 PM by traxus12 » Logged
lio.ws

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:52:12 AM »

Hi,

I never used a EIIIXP but :

Did you try a "Mounting Drives" (Master - Disk Utility) ?
Did you try with another CF card ?
Did you check your connections and jumpers ?

Best.
traxus12

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »

Ah! I got it working. I'm not sure exactly what I did but I started experimenting with the jumper on the CF AztecMonster. I set the EIIIXP's SCSI ID to 4 in the Master settings and switched the jumper that covers two pins on the CF AztecMonster to the line that says "2". I must be an idiot because I don't understand the grid picture in the AztecMonster's manual about what SCSI ID that makes it but whatever...it works. The SanDisk 256mb CF card shows up as "D2 Ata SanDisk" under Drives and Format. It only took about three seconds to format and I'm able to load banks onto it. Very cool!
smokie

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »

That's great . Interesting  I thought the E3 could only boot from SCSI 1. Good to know.
traxus12

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »

I should mention I haven't tried copying the OS to the CF card yet. I'm still booting from my floppy disk but I've confirmed that the CF card works and I can load sound banks onto it. I guess I should try putting the OS on the CF card now huh?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - CF AztecMonster - EIII doesn't see anything

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines