E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Help please - Emax and HxC Floppy Emulator - PLEASE

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:19:05 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Help please - Emax and HxC Floppy Emulator - PLEASE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help please - Emax and HxC Floppy Emulator - PLEASE  (Read 5130 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« on: March 12, 2014, 03:25:14 AM »

Hi guys!

I'm desperate.

I have this Emax (1) Rack unit, in which I installed a Rev F (Rev-C-based) Floppy Emulator. Hardware-wise, I'm sure that I installed the unit correctly.
But - I can't get the setup to work correctly. Here's what happens:

- The Emax starts loading a disk(image) when selected on the HxC.
- Then the Emax stops loading and seems to freeze.
- I used several different Emax-OS (*.emx files -  all renamed to emaxos.emx each time) in the same folder as the *.em1 files before converting these to *.hfe files.
- Depending on the Emax-OS I used, the "freezing" looks different. Sometimes loading stops very quickly, sometimes the display turns blank, sometimes the loading process seems to start over and over again, sometimes gibberish or black display - different weird things.

To exclude the possibility of the Emax itself being faulty, I tried the HxC Emulator in my second Emax (Keyboard), and the same things happen (this one still has a functioning floppy drive that loads my old disks). I also swapped the Scanner MPU of both units - no success.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT OF THIS DILEMMA? Could anyone give me a step-by-step-guide or maybe piont me where I'm doing something wrong?

P.S.: I remember that I upgraded the Rack emax to SE at some point in the past (via floppy disk) - maybe this has something to do with things going wrong? (As I said - I tried all kinds of Emax-OS for Hfe-conversion - the SE-OS, too, of course...)

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me!

Elm.

gertie

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:00:06 AM »

probably the easiest solution would be (have seen people doing this with sp1200s when converting original disks)....

open up emax
plug in original floppy drive (power cable and ide cable)
boot with SE disk that works

then unplug floppy and put in hxc (while emax is still booted, so be careful not to touch circuit board etc)
save os to blank hxc image file (http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages.zip)
hopefully this will solve your issue

maybe look in here too
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewforum.php?f=15
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:04:51 AM by gertie » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Help please - Emax and HxC Floppy Emulator - PLEASE

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines