E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII+HD Bad Voice

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:28:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII+HD Bad Voice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII+HD Bad Voice  (Read 2500 times)
Alwaysuptil1

« on: March 29, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »

Newbie to the EII and just starting to fall in love with it when I realized the 8th voice is not sounding. Every 8th time I press on a key it is silent.  I tested this by plugging into each of the 8 individual outputs and number 8 doesn't sound.

Is it something internal that I switched on?  I've rebooted it and tried a bunch of different sounds but it's always the same. 

Any advice?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »

Probably a bad voice indeed.
Perhaps a simple reseating of the ICs on that voice's part of the board may be sufficient to solve it.

If the problem can't be solved quickly, but you still want to play your EII without the ennoying silence every 8th voice, you can switch off the faulty channel with Special function 12.
This turns the Emulator-II in a 7 voice polyphonic sampler of course, but at least you can play it until the problem is solved ; -)
Alwaysuptil1

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »

Wow.  I mean, you really know your stuff.  I can't thank you enough for such a concise, accurate response.

I haven't cracked open the EII yet so I wonder if the IC's are removable with a chip puller or if they are soldered in?  In the meantime, I'll find the schematics online so I can identify which chips are for voice #8.

Thanks again, truly.   
Alwaysuptil1

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 07:47:56 PM »

After a day of letting it rest, I've turned it on today and all 8 voices are now working again.  Go figure.  I still want to thank Esynthesist the E-mu Software God for helping me understand what was going on and for a great workaround if ever it should happen again.

Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII+HD Bad Voice

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines