E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII suddenly hanging up

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:48:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII suddenly hanging up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII suddenly hanging up  (Read 2548 times)
danielb

« on: April 27, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »

Hi all,

Another problem has started to show up on my Emulator II.

After playing for about 20 minutes or so, it will suddenly hang up. Sometimes it will access the drive (an HxC Floppy Emulator) as it does so. A reboot will usually get it going again for a while, but sometimes it hangs at the OS version screen. It will do this quite spontaneously, even if I'm not touching anything.

If it does start up it will hang again every few minutes after this.

Could this be a power supply problem (or something) that manifests as it warms up? and could it be connected to the other problem I had, where it stops sampling after a similar amount of time? I can't help thinking that there is one component that has a problem when it is hot, that is causing both problems.

Tks,

Daniel
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:15:45 AM by danielb » Logged
who

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »

Based on my experience, I would recommend checking your power supply and the connections to it.  My EII was demonstrating all kinds of odd behavior until I replaced the power supply.  At one point in time I started having problems again and found a loose connection to the supply.  I tightened the connection and the problems went away.

Power supply, bad RAM and bad connections seem to be root of most EII evils.
danielb

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:59:44 AM »

Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII suddenly hanging up

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines