E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hello from a new Emulator owner!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:48:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI General Discussion
| | |-+  Hello from a new Emulator owner!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello from a new Emulator owner!  (Read 8787 times)
Emu276

« on: April 30, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a beautiful Emulator locally in Los Angeles, CA. The original owner had bought it new in the early 80s as part of his commercial studio. It came with several original Emu factory disks, as well as some copies and some home-made sounds. It was a studio-only piece that remained in the corner of the studio collecting dust all these years because the owner had sentimental attachment to it, so it is in great shape.

When I was a teenager in the 1980s I used to marvel at the sight of Emulators in magazine photos and MTV music videos (the only redeeming thing about Genesis "Invisible Touch" was the video) and dreamt about owning one. As a high school student I tried to save money for a Mirage, AKAI S612 or Roland S-10 just to have a sampler, and was so very disappointed to learn when the Emax first came out that the definition of "affordable" in the magazine ads meant $3000 Smiley

Years later as an adult I bought an Emulator II+HD, and later I got an EIII when they went for around $500, and I felt like finally my dream of owning Emulators was coming true. But I had always wanted to find an original Emulator, to experience the magic of that breakthrough 1981 technology and play/hear those classic sounds on the real machine that started it all.

I know many of you are equally enthusiastic about the Emulator, so I just wanted to introduce myself in this Forum. I look forward to sharing sounds with other users, tips on how to maintain my instrument, and learn more about some of the upgrades available for sound storage/transfer.

Thanks,
Howie

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

Hi Howie!

Thanks for your nice introduction.
Hello back from Germany! EI, EII, EIII over here, too  Smiley

Have fun in this forum. It's not the most active though...  Roll Eyes

Elm.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hello from a new Emulator owner!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines