E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - possible replacement power supply.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:21:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  possible replacement power supply.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: possible replacement power supply.  (Read 2394 times)
rtech

« on: June 09, 2014, 11:01:47 PM »

I have decided to resurrect my EII+ HD. It had some issues with sampling, but I gave up trying to fix it and put it in the garage. I tried turning it on today and it just shows the first boot screen, but doesnt access the floppy. The light on the floppy is dim, and is hard to notice whether its on. I tested the voltages and they test within the ranges on the sticky post, but would like to try and replace the power supply with a new one. Has anyone here installed or know of someone that has used this power supply, Mean Well Power Supply PT-65C, on their EII. This is a switching power supply that has +5v, +15v AND -15v outputs. No 12V for the floppy drives.

Thanks
kdk

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »

I have a Meanwell T-60C in my EII and it's working well. I think the T-65C would be a better choice and since the T-60C seems to be not produced anymore, the T-65C seems like the logical replacement.

I don't have a floppy running, just an HxC.

See:
http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=370.30
rtech

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »

Hello kdk,

Did you install T60C on your EII? The PT-65C I am looking at is slightly different than the T60C. The PT-65C is an open frame with a Molex style connector, similar to the original power supply on the EII. Since the model number is PT not just T I wanted to make sure that it would work, before buying it. It says its a switching power supply, so I assume it should work?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - possible replacement power supply.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines