E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - sp-1200 vs. EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:20:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  sp-1200 vs. EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: sp-1200 vs. EII  (Read 2912 times)
PX-7
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:02:15 AM »

I got my new EII last night.    It works well, but some of the keys are when playing rendures static.  Some keys are perfectly fine.    Although across midi, they're fine.   Any suggestions?

I'm using the EII all being triggered by my Emu PX-7 Command Station.  It works well.  "But", so did the SP-1200 being triggered and I actually prefered the sound of the 1200 better.  It was dirtier.    My question is:

Does anyone out there with an SP-1200 know what the range of octaves samples can be transposed or trigged via midi with the 1200.    Maybe i'm just in the wrong forum.  But if anyone knows that would be great.   
PX-7
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »

"two-octave tunable range for any sample and step programming " 

I wonder if this onboard, or if the range is bigger over midi?
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »

The EII has a fixed transpose range of 1 octave up/down per sample, which cannot be "expanded" over midi.

You can't really compare the EII and the SP-12 / 1200. As they're IMO (not only technically) very different machines.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - sp-1200 vs. EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines