E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator I AND Emulator II+HD for sale

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:36:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  Emulator I AND Emulator II+HD for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator I AND Emulator II+HD for sale  (Read 2310 times)
PFD177

« on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:18 AM »

I have an Emulator I and an Emulator II+HD for sale

I've owned both for what must be a decade now, having acquired them en hommage to the 80s bands that I grew up with and aspired to be in the band I formed at school.

Back in the day, the chances of actually owning an Emulator were non-existent (those of you with memories as long as mine may recall a hire company in London that used to advertise in Melody Maker, offering an EI at over £100 pd - several years' pocket money in 1983!) and it wasn't until my early 30s that I got round to buying first the EI and then the EII+HD I had always dreamed about.

Over the years I've pottered around on them but only in my office at home.  Both are in exceptional condition, as hopefully the pictures show.

As far as I know, they have never been modified in any way and are 'as original'.  I bought a rather gucci modular stand for them and I'm happy to include this in the sale, as not only is it robust enough to hold two Emulators and a Sequential Circuits Six-Trak but its dimensions are such that it is almost like it was custom-made for Emu keyboards.  From memory, the stand alone cost me north of £300.

Their continued presence in my office at home has been a source of occasional tension over the years with the higher authority, who has long coveted the space for another wardrobe for her shoes.  As I now don't really have the time to play with them (the Emulators, not her shoes) anymore, I fear that they now have to go.  As much as I adore them (when I first bought them I actually wanted them in the lounge as edifices to 80s cool but that idea got kicked into the long grass), I can't really justify keeping them anymore and so it is with a heavy heart I'm selling them.

Hopefully other fans on here will appreciate how I feel and be able to offer them a suitable new home...crickey, I'm making them sound like beloved old pets.

The EI comes with a small selection of discs, the EII doesn't.  I've also got a Roland Cube40 through which I've played them.

So, in summary:

Emulator I
Emulator II+HD

Modular stand
Roland Cube40 keyboard amp

I was watching an Emulator - a single disc drive EII - on Ebay in the UK that sold yesterday and its sale kind of prompted me into action.

As regards price, the one yesterday sold for £1,350 and there is also a twin disc drive EII in the US for sale with a starting bid of £1,372/Buy It Now of £1,808, plus international shipping of £776.

Using these as the benchmark, I'm looking for offers in excess of £1,500 for the EII and a similar figure for the EI. 

If someone wants them both for £3,000, I'll throw in the modular stand and the amp for free.  Otherwise, the accessories are for separate negotiation on price.

As regards shipping costs, I have no idea.  A rough guess using Parcelforce's price calculator comes up with £73 per keyboard, although I think most people would agree you wouldn't trust an Emulator to a courier, on the grounds of size, weight and fragility. 

So, if someone in the UK buys them, I am prepared to deliver them myself for no more than the cost of a courier.  This would be need to be agreed with the buyer but I'm happy to take a day out of my diary and drive maybe as far as the North Midlands or even meet the buyer somewhere between me and them.

I think that's all you need to know.

Any questions, just ask.

* 20141024_104735.jpg (3583.09 KB, 4128x3096 - viewed 698 times.)

* 20141024_104820.jpg (83.25 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 525 times.)

* 20141024_132142.jpg (481.07 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 521 times.)

* 20141024_132059.jpg (354.28 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 543 times.)
PFD177

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

EII+HD now sold.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator I AND Emulator II+HD for sale

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines