E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is there a scsi to usb jump drive we can use to load the OS from ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:46:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Is there a scsi to usb jump drive we can use to load the OS from ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there a scsi to usb jump drive we can use to load the OS from ?  (Read 4103 times)
djscratchd

« on: November 08, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

Is there a scsi to usb jump drive we can use to load the OS from ?

The sleeper must awaken......
djscratchd

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »

http://www.suntekstore.com/goods.php?id=10010828&utm_source=gbus&utm_campaign=gbus

could this be used as the floppy?

SFR1M44-U100 USB Floppy Drive Emulator is a floppy drive emulator that features high security data protection, easy installation and user-friendliness. This floppy drive emulator is great for industrial control equipment.
Description:
100% Brand new, never used
Housing Material: ABS
Color: Gray
Model: SFR1M44-U100
Use normal USB flash drive as the medium for transfer design.
34pin floppy driver interface, 5V DC power supply, easy to install.
Capacity: 1.44MB 2HD Cylinders: 80 Tracks: 160 Sectors/Track: 18 Bytes/Sector: 512 Data
Transfer rate: 500 kbps Encoding method: MFM.
100pcs partitions in USB flash drive can be used.
Built-in self-format function. (read relevant documents to use this function)
SFR1M44-U100 not support jumpers function
Floppy driver with below function needed:
Floppy driver with 34pin interface,and 5V DC power plug
Use 2HD flpppy disk with 1.44MB capacity
Format of disk : Cylinders: 80 Tracks: 160 Sectors/Track: 18 Bytes/Sector: 512 Date
Transfer rate: 500 kbps Encoding method: MFM
Suitable for industrial control equipment

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 03:21:06 AM »

could this be used as the floppy?

Probably not. The EIII requires 10 sectors/track, not 9 or 18.
This floppy emulator's firmware is configured to emulate standard DOS (720k DD and 1.44M HD) disks, it probably won't support more exotic disk formats, like the 800k DD format required by the EIII (and Emax).

A better solution would be the HxC, but it's more expensive.
djscratchd

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDF-HXC-Floppy-Emulator-3-5-floppy-drive-substitute-/181577336454?hash=item2a46da4686

this one?  ^^

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »

Yes, it's also available directly from Lotharek's website: http://www.lotharek.pl/

Instead of a floppy drive replacement, a hard drive replacement (by a CF card reader) may be a good alternative as well.
Based on your recent messages on this forum I assume you have the same opinion :-)
If I remember well I succeeded once (as an experiment) to replace the EIII hard drive by a CF card solution, based on a generic IDE CF card reader (from the Conrad online shop) and an Acard U7720U SCSI-IDE adapter.
I didn't actually do a permanent installation of this replacement solution because my EIII hard drive is still operational and I'm using the Acard for other experiments in my studio as well. So I'll wait with permanently installing it in my EIII until the original hard drive dies...

djscratchd

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »

I think that the ability to move files to the CF Card via the floppy drive CF would be better than an internal one so that maybe you could plug the CF into your pc and move patches to it. That would rock especially if we could start a patch repository for the EIII Patches...

djscratchd

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 01:27:02 AM »

I cant wait to post the new pix! I have a custom mod and pitch wheel that is lit by led custom from Jesse Dean Designs that matches my new Neon Green electro luminescent display that I just replaced the old one with man it looks sweet and Jesse Dean did a bang up job on em with his C&C machine. If anyones interested in them hit me here and I will get you his number. When I post the next pic I guarantee a bunch of people here are going to want this.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is there a scsi to usb jump drive we can use to load the OS from ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines