E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Mac OS EIII Remote news

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:39:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Mac OS EIII Remote news
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mac OS EIII Remote news  (Read 8316 times)
ddvdave

« on: November 30, 2014, 12:30:25 AM »

Hi all,

I now have a space where I can dedicate a little more time to developing the EIII remote.  Smiley

The biggest challenge is to convert the Max patch into a Max for (Ableton) Live patch, so the whole patch can essentially become a plug-in in Live. Would that be nice?

Hopefully with some workarounds to Ableton's lack of System Exclusive support I can make this work.

Don't expect anything too soon. This may take some time!

-DDV
who

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »

I had to work around the same System Exclusive issues when I made a patch selector for my DSP4000.  It took a while for me to get my head around the problem and get past errors in the DSP's documentation. 

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress!
ddvdave

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 03:03:54 AM »

Here's a new version (2.0). Sorry it doesn't work with Windows yet (sorry hope to build for Windows soon!), but it has a nice new User Interface, plus the ability to audition sounds from another MIDI controller.

I have removed the Auto-Zoom function, but this version assumes you have a screen of at least 1600 pixels wide. Please give feedback if you try this out.

Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cggx3egp7x43ifv/EIII%20Remote%20Beta%202.0.zip?dl=0

There seems to be a bug saving the MIDI Audition instrument. I'll check that out tomorrow.

-Dave
who

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:03:55 AM »

Wow!  Nice work! Shocked
who

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 06:23:35 AM »

I tried running the remote software while also running Bitwig and the virtual LCD display of the remote software is white.  When I click the virtual buttons my EIII reacts, but the virtual LEDs do not light up nor does the virtuak display update.

Now I have Bitwig closed and when I run the remote software, I get the same behavior as when running the software and Bitwig simultaneously (i.e. white screen, etc.)  In other words, I can't get it back to a state where it works correctly.

Despite the problems, your work is seriously impressive!
who

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 06:24:48 AM »

I guess I should tell you I'm using an MT4 as my MIDI interface.
ddvdave

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

I tried running the remote software while also running Bitwig and the virtual LCD display of the remote software is white.  When I click the virtual buttons my EIII reacts, but the virtual LEDs do not light up nor does the virtuak display update.

This typically means the MIDI Out is working, but for whatever reason the Remote isn't getting MIDI data back from the EIII.

If you run Snoize's MIDI Monitor app, do you see sysex data coming in from the EIII when you launch the Remote app and select your MIDI channels?
ddvdave

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:55 AM »

Here's a screen shot of the App's new look:

Look familiar?  Cheesy

-Dave
who

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:28:21 PM »

I tried opening the remote first then Bitwig and everything seems to be working as it should.  AWESOME!
ddvdave

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »

Posted a new version (2.01) with minor bug fixes. Now saves the settings properly!

Also you can click on Keyboard Shortcuts (word or LED) to enable/disable them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b26tgwwpzreevn/EIII%20Remote%20Beta%202.01.zip?dl=0

I'm working on the Librarian feature next. Imagine having a way to search all the samples or segments/songs on an entire drive (or CF card) in one place!  Grin

-Dave
Freddy

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 03:02:58 AM »

impressive, thank you!
Stephencl

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »

This work is AMAZING.....Now I just need the Eiii rack!

ddvdave

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!

I just finished the database population code and now have a SQLite database of all my samples (9000+), banks and drives! I had a real challenge getting certain characters into the DB, like ' and " since they have to be escaped before going into SQLite, but my persistence paid off and I think almost all bugs are fixed!

Next up, making an interface to browse and search for samples and banks. Or maybe I'll work on the preset and sequence/segment librarian feature next!

If any of you are adept with SQL, I'd be happy to share beta 2.20 which has sample/bank cataloging (but no front-end yet). PM me if you're interested.

-Dave
who

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:26 AM »

Is there a way to send banks via a USB to SCSI converter?
ddvdave

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

Is there a way to send banks via a USB to SCSI converter?

Is there a USB-SCSI converter that works with the EIII? If so, then there's a slim chance it could be made to work, however I would need a SCSI logic analyzer to hook up to the SCSI bus when doing transfers using Alchemy 3.0 in order to reverse-engineer the protocol used for SDS over SCSI.

I am going to stick with replicating and improving on the functionality provided by the old EIII Remote Controller/Librarian program written by Bob Bliss in 1989.

Once that's complete, I may consider how to go about using USB/SCSI for sample dumps. It certainly would be ideal if it can be done.

-Dave
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Mac OS EIII Remote news

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines