E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is it possible to convert an .HFE disk image back to .EM1?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:50:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Is it possible to convert an .HFE disk image back to .EM1?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to convert an .HFE disk image back to .EM1?  (Read 6876 times)
pregolima

« on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I have an E-MU EMAX I with the HxC Floppy emulator installed and I converted some .EM1 files to the .HFE format to be used in the SD card. Also, I edited many sound banks in the EMAX and saved some new .HFE files in the SD card with my modifications.

So, my question is the following: is it possible to converter these .HFE files back to the .EM1 or .EB1 format? I am asking this because I would like to use the EMXP software (http://users.skynet.be/emxp/) to convert my edited sound banks to another sampler format.

Thanks!
who

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

While I can't say for sure, I bet it is a process very similar to the one described here:

http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=2536.0
pregolima

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 04:51:46 AM »

Hi!

I converted the .hfe file to a .img jus a just described in the link above and replaced the the .img extension with .EM1 and EB1 extensions, but without success as the EMXP was not able to read the files!  Cry

Maybe, I am doing something wrong or there is still some intermediate process that I am not aware of!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »

Unfortunately this won't work with Emax HFE files - it only works for Emulator-I and Emulator-II HFE files.
The .IMG files created from the Emax .HFE files are Emax floppy disk image files, which aren't supported (yet) by EMXP (because there was no need for it in the pre-HxC era ;-)

Adding support for Emax floppy disk image files is on the roadmap of EMXP, but it is not planned yet for the next version.

In the meanwhile I'm considering to create a small software program which is simply able to convert Emax-I and Emax-II .IMG files to .EM1 and .EM2 files respectively; I will try to do this during the next weekend and I will upload it to my website.

gertie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »

Shocked

esynthesis is the man!

waiting patiently for the sp12 support  Cheesy
pregolima

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:32:53 AM »

Hi esynthesist, that would be great!!! I will be taking a look at your website during the weekend. I really apreciate your help!!! Best regards and many thanks in advance!!!
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 12:10:30 PM »

The converter software is ready. It's called IMG2EMX and I have uploaded it to my website.
You can download it here: http://www.emxp.net/IMG2EMX.htm

Please note that the input files for this software should be (raw) image files, typically with the .IMG extension.
These are the files created by the HxC conversion software when exporting .HFE files to Raw sector format .IMG files.
.IMG files created by OmniFlop when reading Emax floppy disks are the same, so they are supported as well.

IMG2EMX does not directly support .HFE files.

I have tested the software with some OmniFlop image files and with some image files created from EMAX-I .HFE files, and it seems to work fine.
But if you encounter any problem, just let me know and I will try to resolve it.

Information how to use IMG2EMX can be found in the README file included in the download package.
But it's really simple: put all .IMG files in the folder of IMG2EMX and double click (start) IMG2EMX.EXE. The software will convert all (valid) files to either .EM1 or .EM2 files, depending on whether the .IMG file is an EMAX-I or an EMAX-II floppy disk image.

Have fun !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:08:42 PM by esynthesist » Logged
pregolima

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 06:41:04 AM »

Hi esynthesist, you are the best!!! Thanks a lot for your help!!! Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Is it possible to convert an .HFE disk image back to .EM1?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines