E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - CF-cards compatible with Emax 1 Plus and Spyrus reader?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:13:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  CF-cards compatible with Emax 1 Plus and Spyrus reader?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CF-cards compatible with Emax 1 Plus and Spyrus reader?  (Read 4401 times)
kimzim

« on: November 30, 2014, 05:18:35 AM »

Hi all,

I´ve just got hold of a Spyrus CF-card reader for my Emax SE Plus (with external SCSI) on Ebay. Got it yesterday and connected it and was looking forward to using fast and silent CF-cards instead of noisy hard drives or floppy. After making the connections, choosing SCSI ID 0 (to be able to boot from the card) I tried to format the card that came with the Spyrus. I used the floppy as source for the system (Plus OS 1.0). The Emax got stuck with the Formatting hard drive... message on the screen and the Spyrus busy-light didn't even come on. I waited for a couple of hours (in case the format could take a long time I thought) but finally when nothing happened I shut the Emax off and rebooted from floppy. The CF-card that came with the Spyrus is a 1GB 80x Speed Lexar card.

After this failed attempt I have tried some other CF-cards that I have lying around (none below 1GB capacity) and some of them start to format and the busy-light comes on on the Spyrus but the formatting fails within seconds. However the Emax doesn't freeze with these cards.

Does anybody have experience with CF-cards for the Emax and maybe with the Spyrus reader? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Wolfram

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »

You should use a old 32MB card.
roginator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »

I have installed raisin monster cards in Akai s1100 and E4 .. they work perfect

BUT I also installed it in EMAX I /// I have one with scsi .. last rev PCB
zip drive works perfect BUT /// rising monster have a problem….

i formated disk ( sandisk 32MB)
I managed to load system into CF and few sound disks…
and when i power up Emax it load system

BUT

when i want to load sound … it give me error like HARD DISK ERROR
also when i wanna copy system for CF to disk … I get same error ..

so it works flawless for loading system into emax and saving sounds from ram on CF .. but loading sounds from CF is problem///

also it won't format any CF bigger than 128Mb

any idea
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - CF-cards compatible with Emax 1 Plus and Spyrus reader?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines