E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New Mac OS EIII Editor Beta 2.0 with Searchable Librarian!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:24:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  New Mac OS EIII Editor Beta 2.0 with Searchable Librarian!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Mac OS EIII Editor Beta 2.0 with Searchable Librarian!  (Read 12570 times)
ddvdave

« on: December 18, 2014, 01:58:10 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I think I have worked out the last of the major bugs in my latest release of the EIII Remote Controller/Librarian for Mac OS X 10.6 and up.

You can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cggx3egp7x43ifv/EIII%20Remote%20Beta%202.0.zip?dl=0

In order for the librarian to work, you must follow the instructions from the original EIII Remote Controller written by Bob Bliss. Primarily this means you should use bank B00 as a means to label each of your drives (removable media etc.). That way you can search banks and know which disks these banks reside on.

Please let me know how this version works out and if the librarian works for everyone. It was quite difficult to create the logic to press all the right buttons and then scrape the display for the correct response to move on to pushing the next button and so on. But I think the timing is quite fast (about 5 minutes to catalog a volume of 40 banks on my Mac Pro running 10.6. 8 ). Of course you are limited mostly by the speed of the EIII and your hard drive or (preferably) CF card. I am not sure how the librarian would work if you have a slow hard drive in your EIII.

The App will create a preference file and a sqlite database file in the directory from where you run the App. FYI.  Smiley

I am hoping to take a little break from this app in order to focus more on making music again. It has been fun to delve into this, and now to have a searchable library, this makes my sample collections (and building a future collection) even more fun.

Oh I should note a little bonus key shortcut: If you press "Y" and "N" (upper case versus lower), it will send ~10 key presses, so you can quickly move around the alphabet when entering sample names etc. I might release a small update to permit keyboard entry of names to rename banks, samples etc. rather than using keyboard shortcuts, but there are some characters that can't be directly addressed by MIDI note messages and I'd like these characters to work also. There may be a Data Slider message that I can send to precisely dial-up these extra characters to make the data entry aspect more pleasant.

Kind Regards,
DDV Dave
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:38:30 AM by ddvdave » Logged
ddvdave

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:12:41 AM »

I just fixed the App which was missing a table for building the LCD. I assume nobody has downloaded the beta yet since I don't think it would have worked with this file missing!

The download link with the software fix is the same for those wishing to try this version.

-Dave
who

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »

Woo hoo!  I had tried the beta and assumed the missing displayed was due to something I was doing wrong.  I look forward to trying the update.
who

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

The catalog function is very handy!  Thank you for sharing such an excellent tool!
Borialis

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »

Thank you so much.
EIII in the shop.
Will give it a go when it comes out.

smokie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

Thanks Dave very nice indeed.
Borialis

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »

Thanks ddvdave!

Old eyes aren't what they use to be and
The Editor makes a huge difference.

If they could speak they'd scream, "Thank you. You're a mad genius!"  Wink

mgronroos

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 02:53:26 PM »

Great, thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - New Mac OS EIII Editor Beta 2.0 with Searchable Librarian!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines