E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII+ HD. Format problem

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:26:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII+ HD. Format problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII+ HD. Format problem  (Read 2720 times)
Cymon66

« on: February 23, 2015, 06:28:07 AM »

Hi All

I've had my E2 since 1988 and sadly the miniscribe HD died on me about a year ago!
I bought 3 newly re-furbed drives and my machine just refuses to format any of them?  I get err 36 on every drive.😓. I even spoke to Dave Rossum via email and his best guess was the SCSI card fault?

So, I'm after anyone with an HD machine that would kindly help me out by formatting a couple of drives for me?  Naturally I'd pay (if required)... Or if anyone has a spare HD for sale?

Can anyone help pls?

Thanks

Simon
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:29:40 AM by Cymon66 » Logged
lunatic

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:00:34 AM »

Simon, i would try that for you! Unfortunately i assume that you need some special OS to format the HD, which could be your problem as well. I have tried to format my HD and since then it never worked again :/

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Cymon66

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »

Thanks for the reply...

I'm pretty sure I have the correct software (3.1 HD) and the format HD option is there and running... As far as I know version 3.1  was the last update from Emu for the E2?
Cymon66

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »

Do you have the 3.1 software on your machine?
lunatic

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:33 AM »

I have have 3.0 which i think was also on the HD before i tried to format it :/ 

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII+ HD. Format problem

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines