E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HxC Floppy Emulator for my Emulator II+ - your recommendations?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:24:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  HxC Floppy Emulator for my Emulator II+ - your recommendations?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HxC Floppy Emulator for my Emulator II+ - your recommendations?  (Read 3565 times)
Gul Dukat

« on: March 10, 2015, 03:22:32 AM »

Hi everyone.
I know there were a lot of discussions about this topic but also a while ago. So please forgive me another post on this topic but I want to get a current status. I want to upgrade my EII+ with the HxC Floppy Emulator but it seems there are different models / revisions.
Which one is working well with the EII and where to get it  ? What else do I need (cables, adapters?) and what to take care about?
Thanks for some tipps!
Regards,
 Matt
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:34:36 AM by Gul Dukat » Logged

E-mu Emulator II+, E-mu Emulator III, E-mu Emax II Turbo, E-mu E6400 Ultra, E-mu Drumulator
Wolfram

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:57:48 AM »

So far as I know is the only difference is the housing. I use a Rev F. in a adapter frame and had some problems with the position of the screw holes. I told this Lotharek (the developer) and it should fit now.
Esynthesist makes a manual how to put it into the EII. Thanks Esynthesist!  You can get it on the EMXP website.
I think the USB HxC makes no sense for the EII.

If you have a big library, the best solution is HxC for booting and a EMuSer to load banks. Loading a bank by EMuSer takes just 20sec.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:00:28 AM by Wolfram » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »

Hi everyone.
I know there were a lot of discussions about this topic but also a while ago. So please forgive me another post on this topic but I want to get a current status. I want to upgrade my EII+ with the HxC Floppy Emulator but it seems there are different models / revisions.
Which one is working well with the EII and where to get it  ? What else do I need (cables, adapters?) and what to take care about?
Thanks for some tipps!
Regards,
 Matt

Rev F is the one to go for. You can order it directly from lotharek in poland - very gentle guy. Choose the black powdered one - it's got the screw hole issue (from the post above) fixed.

Extras you have to think of:

- 5,25" to 3,5" drive bay adaptor - easy to find, dead cheap.
- Floppy Cable adapter (from "old" 5,25 disc connector to "new" 3,5 drive), this should at best be a cable of appx. 15 cm in length, if you are replacing your upper drive. Not easy to source.
- power connector adapter for the hxc (old big molex type to small floppy drive style - very easy to do-it-yourself)

That's it I think. I upgraded two Emulators with the hxc recently.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HxC Floppy Emulator for my Emulator II+ - your recommendations?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines