E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Power Supply Replacement: MeanWell T-60 C vs. RT-65 C

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:19:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII Power Supply Replacement: MeanWell T-60 C vs. RT-65 C
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Power Supply Replacement: MeanWell T-60 C vs. RT-65 C  (Read 3318 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« on: March 19, 2015, 05:11:40 AM »

Hi Freaks!

Unfortunately the MeanWell T-60 C is discontinued.
As I have successfully replaced one of my EII's power supply with it, I'd like to do the same with my other EII's.
Still - there's a similar MeanWell Power Supply, which might also fit the bill: The RT-65 C.

I'm no tech, so I'd like to know if the RT-65 C is a valid alternative to the T-60 C.

The only differences in specs seem to be the wattage (62,5W on the T-60 C; 65,5W on the RT-65 C)
as well as the Amperes on the 15V DC output (2A on the T-60 C; 2,2A on the RT-65 C)

Any opinions on this?
Greatly appreciated,
Elm.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:04:11 AM »

Bump.

Anyone?

I have this thing in front of me right now.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:49:12 AM »

Hi!

Update:

A tech friend of mine said that the RT-65 C can be seen as an adequate alternative to the T-60 C for the EII.

So, it should work well.

Greetz,
Elm.
ahaigh01

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 11:06:14 AM »

Hi Elmbeatz!

Did you to the replacements yourself and was it easy to do?  I suspect my PSU has gone bad.  The EII is crashing and not working correctly.  I have ordered a T-60 C, but I don't really want to do the replacement myself and may look for a local tech to do it.  Thanks for any info.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »

I did it myself. 

It's super easy.

Check out this thread:
http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=370.0
and you know which cables have to be connected to the corresponding ports of the powersupply.

One thing - there's a trimmer on the powersupply to adjust the 5 volt rail. make sure to adjust it right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Power Supply Replacement: MeanWell T-60 C vs. RT-65 C

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines