E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII for sale on ebay

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:16:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII for sale on ebay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII for sale on ebay  (Read 6298 times)
odaikorob

« on: April 04, 2015, 03:25:15 AM »

Hello everyone,

There is an EIII for sale on ebay that been relisted twice so far which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-E-MU-EIII-KYBD-w-New-COMPACT-FLASH-UPGRADE-NEW-AUCTION-LISTING-/231523171149?

Its had its hard disk replaced with a CF card and reader and supposedly is running the latest rev of the OS.

Can anyone provide any info on this particular EIII and whether its worth buying or not?

Thanks & regards,

Rob.
seamonkey
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

Did you check the completed listing page which show it's history?
I did, and it looks strange.
It was listed at one time for $3995US, then relisted at $2995, then back up to $3995, and then at $2850, and then again at $2995, and now at $2495.
That history looks a bit shaky to me, the seller looks legit, but it could be someone copied the auction.
Best you could do is PM the seller and see how you feel, or email ebay and ask about it?
midipuppies

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:18:50 PM »

Whoever it is, it looks like they used a bunch of the knowledge from this forum to perform the work. I've seen these sort of price fluctuations and multiple re-listings on eBay before. There was a really nice EIII package with computer around Christmas time that did just that before finally being sold. Some people just do it as a form of strategy.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
odaikorob

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 02:46:52 PM »

So, you reckon this EIII is dodgy and I shouldn't bother buying it?
dlmorley

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »

The only thing that worries me is this:
No "Dead" channels but 4:16 have been menu disabled with low level Dist on them

My EIII has one dead channel and 15 voices is ok, but 4 with distortion is a bit more of a pain if I am honest.
Apart from that, it seems pretty ok to me. Just pricey considering all voices are not working properly.
odaikorob

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

4:16 means channel 4 with a distortion problem or all channels from 4 to 16 not working?? Or as you say, if its 4 channels out of the 16 channels that have low level distortion on them...well, that is a concern. That said, in most cases I will be running the unit using only the stereo outs, so could manage without the 4 bung individual channels to begin with.

Is the 4-channels-with-distortion-problem fixable? I do have a tech guy who is pretty esperienced with 80s sampler and analogue gear.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:21:22 PM by odaikorob » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:54 AM »

The distortion problem is fixable. In my cases the culprit was always the Burr-Brown chip.
Have a look at this topic:
http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=244.msg1933#msg1933
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII for sale on ebay

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines