E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Replace floppy drive to CF in <300 serial

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:11:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Replace floppy drive to CF in <300 serial
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Replace floppy drive to CF in <300 serial  (Read 4221 times)
Synthiepop80

« on: April 09, 2015, 12:03:36 AM »

Just wondering if it"s possbile to install CF drive instead of floppy disk to EMAX <300 serial. As far as I know that model doesn"t come with SCSI (which is mandatorz for CF drive). Due to clicking and not loadning the banks the orginal floppz drive needs a replacement. Any tipp wtb one?

Thanks for help guys  Cool

Macke D8B, tc finalizer, dbx566, EMU EMAX, EMAX SE, EMAX II, ESI-32, Vintage Keys, Proteus 2, jomox airbase99, mam, Roland D-20, JX-8P, JX-3P, Super JV-1080, U-220, V-Drums, Korg N1R, Alesis Control, D4, Proton, Rave-O-Lution, Simmons SDS-8, SDS-5, Opcode Studio 4, Fostex Mixtab, Atari 1020-ST ;-)
Synthiepop80

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:53:01 AM »

My NEC floppy now went dying... Anybody any idea wtb a substítute or better wtb a Mitsubishi one (had been used from Serial 300 onwards)?

Macke D8B, tc finalizer, dbx566, EMU EMAX, EMAX SE, EMAX II, ESI-32, Vintage Keys, Proteus 2, jomox airbase99, mam, Roland D-20, JX-8P, JX-3P, Super JV-1080, U-220, V-Drums, Korg N1R, Alesis Control, D4, Proton, Rave-O-Lution, Simmons SDS-8, SDS-5, Opcode Studio 4, Fostex Mixtab, Atari 1020-ST ;-)
gertie

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 08:21:09 AM »

maybe you could consider putting in a HxC floppy Emulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ-bdwX-DyA

http://lotharek.pl/category.php?kid=26

bear in mind that it is the same load time as floppies
Synthiepop80

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 12:39:29 PM »

Dear Gertie,

Thank you for the tipp - but it's an EMAX SE in that Video. Any experiences with the HxC build in an EMAX without SE / plus? The chipsets should be similar I guess...

Helmey

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 01:04:30 AM »

The HxC drive replaces the floppy disk and does not use the SCSI buss.  I just got my Emax back from the shop and it works great.  (I have a HD, but it shouldn't matter which version of the Emax you use.)  It loads like a floppy, sector by sector, and takes just about as long as loading a floppy disk. The good news is that you can use cheap CF cards and they can store and recall more than 36 files per card, unlike the HD which is limited to 36 banks in the OS.

I just posted a message on Gearslutz about my experiences with the HxC drive and my Mac laptop if that is relevant to you: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/584170-scsi-samplers-tips-solutions-26.html#post10988913

Good luck!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Replace floppy drive to CF in <300 serial

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines