E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - One key not triggering sound (suddenly after having opened the Eii)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:16:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  One key not triggering sound (suddenly after having opened the Eii)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: One key not triggering sound (suddenly after having opened the Eii)  (Read 3626 times)
Solaris

« on: May 03, 2015, 02:53:30 AM »

Dear all,

I had to open my eii to reconnect the power cable of my hxc drive (in fact issue was the electricity of my house which sometimes goes below the normal 230 volts, I solved the issue by buying a voltage conditioner which stabilizes the voltage). Now the hxc drive works great Wink

So whenI put back the eii front face and plugged it I was surprised to find the low G note was not triggering sound anymore. Only this key has this issue and doesn't seem broken at all. What checks would you suggest to diagnose this issue ? Key contact issue ? Something else ? Huh

Thank you very much in advance for your support ,

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:11:30 AM »

Are you sure that there's a voice assigned on that range of the keyboard (on that note) with the preset you're using?
Solaris

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion Elmbeatz (sorry for my long delay to get back as I was not near my instruments this week), well I've tried several banks and they all react the same with the very same key not working.

Is it possible by default all banks are assigned with the same voice set up (need to read the manual ) ?
Wondering if I need to remove the key and check if the contact strip has been suddenly damaged (quite weird if it's the case ) ?
Thank you all  Shocked

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:49:57 PM »

Something's faulty here    Undecided
razo

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »

I had the similar problem. Heres how I fixed it:

Take off the front panel. Remove the key that is faulty (just press down on the top hinge part and drag it towards you). Then you will see a grey membrane: try to press on this with the EII powered up.. If you get a sound you can remove the neighbouring key and see if the membranes have the same height: chances are the faulty one is lower than the working one. This was the case with mine. Instead of buying a new one I just used some adhesive tape and built a small extra base of a millimeter or so on the part of the key that touches this membrane; and Voila, now it works!

Ole
who

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »

That's a great idea Razo!  I have one key that triggers intermittently (hi G#) and I bet your solution will help me too.
razo

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 02:27:22 PM »

Did it solve it?

I also noticed that some of the keys made an audiable click when they were depressed. I found that this was because the keys were missing a small plastic part and I fixed by putting a single layer of tape on the part of the key that touches the membrane and then the click was gone  Smiley I will do this on all the keys tomorrow. I guess that the membrane slips when the key is depressed making this small click when the plastic part that should block this hole is missing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:29:50 PM by razo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - One key not triggering sound (suddenly after having opened the Eii)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines