E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - sometimes the cf drive will go offline, anyone else have this happen?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  sometimes the cf drive will go offline, anyone else have this happen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: sometimes the cf drive will go offline, anyone else have this happen?  (Read 2621 times)
edude

« on: May 24, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »

i notice with some cf cards that there is a tendency after an undo is performed there will be a scsi error message and in order to have the sampler see the drive again it must be restarted. mounting drives will not work and nothing can be saved to the cf until the machine is restarted

with the older sandisk and kingston cards the probelm mostly went away, so now it is rare that this happens. but it recently happened when trying to overwrite a bank to cf, which is worrisome, although it turns out when i restarted the machine the bank actually had saved(!?) i am thinking of keeping a bunch of floppies on hand just in case

it seems to be an occasional thing, and is more frequent with some cf cards than others. i was just wondering if this is something that i should be very concerned about or not. i am using an acard 7720 with startec adapter and a cable i soldered for the hookup. cheers : )
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:50:10 PM by edude » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - sometimes the cf drive will go offline, anyone else have this happen?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines