E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Rockin' FuzinMonster thanks to EMXP!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:18:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Rockin' FuzinMonster thanks to EMXP!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rockin' FuzinMonster thanks to EMXP!!  (Read 3226 times)
who

« on: October 10, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »

This may be premature, but wanted to share what appears to be success!  I have an Acard 7720U with a CF card and it works, but I want to hot-swap and I don't really like CF cards.  So I decided to try a FuzinMonster.  At first, the EIII wouldn't recognize the Fuzin, so I reinstalled the Acard and daisey chained the Fuzin after it.  That didn't work either.  Eventually I got the EIII to recognize both the Acard and the Fuzin by doing the following:  The Acard has to be last in the physical chain and terminated.  (i.e. SCSI loops through the Fuzin to the Acard.)  The Acard is on SCSI ID 4 and the Fuzin is on SCSI ID 5.

The next challenge was to get read/write working from the SD card.  I used the EIII to format the card and aborted the verification.  I could not write to the card because the EIII reported "SCSI disk is full."  I tried to let the verification complete (2+ hours later), but it never did, so I aborted again and got the same result:  SCSI disk full.  Here's where EMXP come in:  I decided to take the same SD card and format it with EMXP and it worked!  I can read and write from/to it.

I still need to verify hot-swapping works and eventually I may remove the CF card, but now is time to play!
who

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »

Scratch the part about the order, but it does seem the acard likes to be terminated. 
razo

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »

Where can we buy this fuzin monster?
who

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »

Ebay is where I got it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-FuzinMonster-SD-to-SCSI-Converter-for-Vintage-Sampler-HOT-SWAP-OK-/262088006112?hash=item3d05a999e0

I tested hot swapping and that works too!!!
mg73

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »

Thanks! This is great info.

I gave up on my Raizinmonster and put back my yamaha scsi/ide but will make a new try with you chain.
I also have an Acard in my EIII.

Does you EIII takes extra long time to boot,like going around 3 times the
scsi chain before it boots on your Acard?

When I had Yamaha´s both internal and in the Floppy place it booted direct.
who

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »

Yeah, mine takes 2 or 3 cycles to boot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Rockin' FuzinMonster thanks to EMXP!!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines