E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sp 12 turbo midi transfert

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:09:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Drumulator General Discussion
| | |-+  Sp 12 turbo midi transfert
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sp 12 turbo midi transfert  (Read 9773 times)
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« on: October 17, 2015, 10:44:54 AM »

hy !

My sp12 drum file is soon obsolete  Cry

So the new emxp soft has landed. So great !

But it is very difficult to configure well the midi communication. I can load sequences.
But i can't load a huge bank from and to the sp 12.

I have tried a lot of parameters. I use an UM-1 midi usb transfer with a Virtual machine windows 7 on mac osx.

Thank you E synthesis.   Wink

* Last prst.png (206.58 KB, 787x421 - viewed 939 times.)

2 hands with 10 fingers
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 11:52:21 AM »

When I released the new EMXP version with SP-12 support, I was hoping that the "SP12 MIDI communications engine" in EMXP would be flexible enough for all MIDI interfaces. But it seems it doesn't...
I think I know the reason why you have problems, especially since you mention that loading sequences works fine but transferring huge banks doesn't work fine. The challenge is how I will be able to solve it.

Can you confirm that transferring small banks is working fine ? E.g. a bank consisting of only one sample of 100 msec ?
Did the "load sequences" work with the initial (factory) SP 12 MIDI preferences in EMXP v3.02, or did you have to change the parameters for that purpose as well ?
If the transfer is not working, does that mean an error is displayed in EMXP (and/or on the SP-12) ? If an error is shown in EMXP, what error code does it have (e.g. 1046) ?

EMXP contains some special (rather exotic) MIDI logic which is specifically dedicated to transferring large banks/samples, but I guess this exotic logic should have been even more exotic ;-) I had to build this logic because of some inconveniences in the MIDI protocol of the SP-12.
It worked fine on my Windows laptops and my 4 different MIDI interfaces, but based on your experience it seems not to be OK for all possible setups (other MIDI interfaces, running EMXP in a virtual machine on Mac OSX, ...)
If you send me an email (to my esynthesist at yahoo dot com account), I would like to send you an EMXP version which contains communication debugging logic. The log report from that EMXP version could help me in investigating the problem.

///E-Synthesist

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:54:23 AM by esynthesist » Logged
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 12:04:09 PM »

Okai,

as soon as possible, after rugby maybe  Grin

I'll test the small bank and the initial factory preferences with reset.

thanks for your engineering !!

2 hands with 10 fingers
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 02:01:35 AM »

Okai !

I send you an email.

Greats

2 hands with 10 fingers
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 03:57:03 AM »

Thanks !

If other SP-12 users have problems as well, please contact me via e-mail.
And if there are SP-12 users who succeeded in loading/saving data without any problems, please let me know as well, because I want to know how big this MIDI issue is.

///E-Synthesist
lunatic

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 05:22:25 AM »

For me it turned out that you first have to set the midi in/out in the preferences and then before the transfer again. once that is done it did not have to touch it anymore. I use an RME Multiface II.

E-mu Emulator II + HD, E-mu EMAX, E-mu SP-12, E-mu Esi 32, Dynacord ADD-one + ADD-drive, Simmons Clap Trap, Moog Slim Phatty, Juno 106, OB Matrix 6R, OTO Biscuit
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 10:37:10 AM »

I've tried the version 3.02.4  and it's working!!!!

Amazing work  Shocked

thanks for this big improvement

2 hands with 10 fingers
razo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 04:37:45 AM »

I just tried the 3.0.6 version of EMXP and miditransfer also worked for me! But sample midi transfer does not work on my old OS7 Mac running SPLibrarian. Still a mystery why it is so..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:39:21 PM by razo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sp 12 turbo midi transfert

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines