E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Looking to buy a Emax floppy drive

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:58:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking to buy a Emax floppy drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking to buy a Emax floppy drive  (Read 12077 times)
lnzmac

« on: October 20, 2015, 12:06:12 AM »

Send me PM if you want to sell me one!
brian_ronn

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »

Hi

Why not go for a more modern solution to the Emax floppy drive? The Lotharek HxC floppy emulator.

The HxC mean no motor, no moving parts, no floppy noise and all of your *.em1 files on a single SD card.

It is not cheap and you need to convert all of your Emax discs to *.em1 files via a pc with an internal floppy drive.

If that sounds good to you here is a link where you can purchase the drive:

http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=120

I have this floppy emulator and I haven't regret it.

Best regards

Brian
Denmark
ghunter

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 10:11:36 PM »

I'd also suggest that you look at the Gotek emulator with the HxC firmware installed as an alternative to the Lotharek unit.  Total cost for the Gotek is roughly $40 vs. $160 for the Lotharek.

I have a Lotharek in my Emax SE Rack, but Goteks with HxC have gone into my Mirage and S-550.  If any other DD floppy drives die on me again they will immediately be replaced with the Gotek/HxC option.
EmuHarvester

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 05:14:03 AM »

The Gotek works well in certain devices (Mirage, TX16W, etc.) but doesn't work particularly well in the EMAX, in my experience. I think the EMAX is very particular when it comes to write speeds, so saving banks or copy disks tends to fail with the Gotek.

Your mileage may very, but if you need your storage to be rock solid on the EMAX I would choose something else.
emax2

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 01:48:29 AM »

£60 for a original working floppy drive + postage

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Looking to buy a Emax floppy drive

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines