E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II+ - advices before buying

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:12:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Emulator II+ - advices before buying
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II+ - advices before buying  (Read 2941 times)
andyfox

« on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:44 AM »

Hello guys! Wink I am very willing (hopefully) to buy an Emulator II+ in the next days... keeping fingers crossed. Is there anything I have to check in particular when trying the keyboard? I also have other synthesizers but I don't know Emulator II's weak points. I would try to play and check the sound, buttons, display.. but.. I am not an expert so: is there anything I have to double check carefully in particular before buying?
Thank you very much for your help.

Andy
who

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »

I would:

1. Check to see if the disk drives work.  It's not the biggest deal if they don't as you'll probably opt for an HxC anyway.  But bad drives will delay "instant gratification."
2. Sample something and listen for clicks in the audio.  Clicks indicate bad memory.  Again, not the biggest deal.
3. Play each key.  The key contacts can be problematic.
4. Listen to each of the voices and how each compares to the others.

Get used to the idea that you'll probably have to fix something.  Emulators sound great (in my opinion), but they are prone to problems until you get them tuned-up.  (I had to replace memory chips, replace the power supply, replace the LCD, replace the sliders and other stuff I've forgotten.  Now it works great.)
andyfox

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 03:52:30 AM »

Shocked Thanks man. What I know for sure is the internal HD is broken, so I guess I'd have to replace it with a HxC.
(I hope it's possibile to replace that... leaving the other floppy drive in the place)
Thank you for your suggestions, I know I will have to fix something..  Sad I am trying to keep the price down for that reason.
Thanks again

Andy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II+ - advices before buying

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines