E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Copying sounds from floppy to SD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:27:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Copying sounds from floppy to SD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Copying sounds from floppy to SD  (Read 2615 times)
Malekko

« on: January 27, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »

Hey!
I have about 500 floppies i'd like to transfer to an SD card. My EII has bay one floppy and 2nd HxC I was hoping it would be as easy as loading disk into Bay one and copying to two but either i'm missing something or one can't do this. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong...and or the correct way
500 FLOPPIES!!!!
Gul Dukat

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »

I dont think that you just can copy it via the "COPY DISK" function in the EII - but I can be wrong. My configuration is reversed: HxC on Bay 1, Floppy on Bay 2. I do it the "manual" way. I can load a bank from Floppy 2 into the Emulator and save it via "Save Bank" (Disk Module  > 7) to Disk 1 (you are asked before to which Disk you want to save the bank). Just be aware that the Bank selected on the HxC will be overwritten! So it would be a good idea to have an empty bank prepared on the HxC. Maybe this helps http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages.zip. The ZIP-File also contains Templates for the Emulator II

E-mu Emulator II+, E-mu Emulator III, E-mu Emax II Turbo, E-mu E6400 Ultra, E-mu Drumulator
Malekko

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:04:03 PM »

You rock!
This helped a bunch.
So details for those who are reading this
1 download the zipped file which has a ton of empty presets.
2 drag them to your SD and rename them accordingly
3 load the floppy you wish to make a copy of into the EIIs memory
4 the SD, pull up its blank but named accordingly file and hit the center button on the HxC
5 hit "DISK" button then 7 (save bank) if you dont hit the center HxC button (it shouldn't say "choose a file") it won't "see" the bay..if it is armed selecting 7 (save bank) will now allow you to save bank to either bay 1 or 2..in my case since bay 2 is my HxC i hit 2, then confirm and wait, this takes maybe 60 seconds to save
Thank you so much for your help!
The phrase "THIS WILL TAKE A WHILE" has a whole new meaning now!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Copying sounds from floppy to SD

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines