E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Bank Corruption

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII Bank Corruption
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Bank Corruption  (Read 2292 times)
EmuHarvester

« on: March 25, 2016, 05:45:51 AM »

Okay guys, I need some guiding lights or info about some EII stuff.

I'm trying to compile/verify all the original EII factory banks (and then on to OMI UOS!) to be 100% complete; Think of it as an archaeology/archival project for future generations.

If anyone has Marcato Strings imaged straight off the original (hopefully copy-protected and untouched) floppy then could you answer a few questions or send the image my way?

I'm trying to discover whether I have a bad version, if there are multiple versions, or if EMXP isn't handling one of the banks correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 01:06:55 PM »

Good point. It seems that at least two different versions of this disk exist.
And there are slight differences with respect to the presets, voices and sequences.

I have 2 original Emulator-II performance disks of Marcato Strings (6010-0004, white/blue labels). They have been used (they are not sealed) but they were write-protected when I received them from the previous owner. I also have a third disk which is an "official copy" made by the re-seller.
The sound banks on these 3 disks are identical. The presets are:
  P01: Marcato Strg
  P02: Slow Strgs 1
  P03: Slow Strgs 2
  P04: Arpeg Strg 1
  P05: Chorus Strg  
  P06: Synth Strg 1
  P07: Synth Strg 2
  P08: Synth Strg 3
  P09: Solo E4toE5  
  P10: High Strg #1
  P11: High Strg #2
  P12: High Strg #3
  P13: ChorusStrg 2 (ERROR 11)
  P15: NULL PRESET
This is what EMXP reports, but I have loaded them in my Emulator-II and these are indeed the presets on the disk. Meaning: preset 14 is missing, and preset 13 is corrupt. The Emulator-II is playing preset 13 though, but when going into the Edit Assignment module, it reports missing ("UNDEFINED") voices (V67-->V73) which were probably required for the chorus effect. The fact that these voices are missing is causing the "corrupt due to errror11" message in EMXP...
These disks also contain 2 sequences:
  S01: LaPrimavera
  S02: Apollo

But there's also another version of MarcatoStrings, which could be found on the CDROM that was sold by Rob (from the old EmulatorArchive website). That version contains following presets:
  P01: Marcato Strg
  P02: Slow Strgs 1
  P03: Slow Strgs 2
  P04: Arpeg Strg 1
  P05: Chorus Strg  
  P06: Synth Strg 1
  P07: Synth Strg 2
  P08: Synth Strg 3
  P09: Synth Strg 4
  P10: Arpeg Strg 2
  P11: High Strg #1
  P12: High Strg #2
  P13: High Strg #3
  P14: ChorusStrg 2
and none of them are corrupt.
This bank however doesn't have any sequences.

Very strange.
From the preset overviews it seems like the second bank is the correct one; but from the sequence overview it seems like the first bank is correct. The Emu sound bank library documentation states that Disk "Marcato Strings" should contain 14 presets and 2 sequences...

If you want, I can send you both versions of this bank and also the disk images (.EMUIIFD) of the 3 disks I have made with KryoFlux.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:47:56 AM by esynthesist » Logged
EmuHarvester

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »

Good to know that you've explored the issue as well. I'll have to make a list of some other banks I've been investigating and see if I can square them away.

You mentioned a "sound bank library documentation" which I don't think I've encountered before. This is something straight from E-Mu?

And yes, your images would absolutely be welcome.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Bank Corruption

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines