E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emuser + Emxp on Windows 10

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emuser + Emxp on Windows 10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emuser + Emxp on Windows 10  (Read 3594 times)
brian_ronn

« on: February 23, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »

Hi Emu-wizards

I've run emxp on an emuser device on a windows 7 32-bit system sending and receiving banks for the EII flawlessly.

After upgrading windows from 7 to 10 32-bit the banks sent to the EII takes much longer time (4 x) and the samples a distorted. I used the Lufa driver for the com port and everything installs fine. but to no avail.

I've also tried a windows 10 64-bit pc which rejects the lufa driver because it's not a signed driver. But by using windows own com port driver the banks are sent at the normal speed but the samples a still distorted.

Last I've tried another windows 7 32-bit pc and everything works fine. Banks are sent at normal time and the samples sounds just fine.

Have any of you migrated to windows 10 using Emxp + emuser for sending and receiving samples on the EII with success, and if so, can you elaborate how you did it?

Best regards Brian.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »

When I tested the EmuSer on Windows 10, I simply used the default Windows usbser.sys driver (the one that Windows assigns automatically when inserting the EmuSer in the USB port), so I didn't use the LUFA driver.
I tested the RS422 communication on a SurfacePro 3 with 64bit Windows 10 installed on it.
In my setup everything worked fine, both with EMXP v3.02.04 and with the most recent version v3.03.01 (released this week).
I succeeded in uploading and unloading complete banks and individual samples to/from the Emulator-II and the Emax-I. No distortion occurred, nor did the transfer speed decrease (it was even faster than on my main Windows 7 system).

I'm aware that the above information does probably not help you in resolving your particular problem, but it may be useful to know that there's no general problem with running EMXP+EmuSer on Windows 10.... at least not on the 64 bit version and when using the default serial comms driver of Microsoft.
Unfortunately I'm not able to perform tests on a 32bit version of Windows 10.
brian_ronn

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »

I've now tried the latest emxp ver. 3.05 build 5 on 3 different windows 10, 32-bit machines.

All of the bank transfers make the same artifact noise. It sounds like very bad loop crossfades and like there're many looping points in each samples.

I've tried to tweek all of the emxp communication parameters for the EII up and down and compared the com port settings between win 7 and win 10. The parameters are the same but nothing does the trick.

As I've said earlier. Everything works fine on the same machine with win 7, 32-bit.

Have none of you tried emxp on a win 10, 32-bit machine?

Best regards

Brian
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »

Because of the silence in this thread I was hoping your problem was resolved by now ;-)

So far I was still not able to test EMXP + EmuSer on a 32 bit version of Windows 10, but after february I have done additional tests  on another 64 bit Windows 10 laptop (not the Surface 3 I used before). And it works 100% correctly on that new laptop as well: high speed transfers and no distortion at all in the samples. I'm just telling this because you mentioned earlier that you also had distortion with a 64 bit win10 pc, not only with 32 bit win10 pcs.

If I find someone in my neighbourhood who's willing to let me use a 32 bit Win10 laptop, I will do some tests myself. But at this point I have no idea what could be causing this problem. EMXP is using standard Windows functions for configuring and using serial com ports, so at first sight I can't do better than that :-)

I have sent you a personal message with test software: maybe this will help me to understand the problem.

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »

FYI: this problem has been solved by changing the "PC RS422 Port Timeout for High Speed" preference value in 5 milliseconds (instead of 1 millisecond). This preference can be found in the EMXP Emulator-II Communication Preferences menu (option 6.5.1)

I will make sure that the next build of EMXP (v3.05.6 or v3.06.1) will use this increased value by default.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emuser + Emxp on Windows 10

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines