E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Notes on EIII HDD installation

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Notes on EIII HDD installation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Notes on EIII HDD installation  (Read 1844 times)
Secret life of Synths

« on: December 17, 2016, 11:42:18 PM »

I am currently repairing two EIII's at my workshop, I have just managed to get a 1Gb Seagate Medalist drive recognised by the sampler but one thing that I should mention is that I had to remove the parity jumper to get the machine to boot with the drive installed, if the party enable jumper was installed on the drive the machine would hang during the "mounting drive" portion of the boot procedure. I will post more details as I proceed with the repairs. I have them both running fine with an external Spyus SD case also but interestingly of the 8 CD ROM drives here only one works, it's a white label. even the Apple CD300 drives do not work. I will post further details once I determine why. One machine has also just dropped 1 voice, it will be interesting to see where the failure occurred.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 01:23:37 AM »

Thanks for sharing !!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Notes on EIII HDD installation

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines