E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emuser is not working with EMXP and EII +HD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:52:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emuser is not working with EMXP and EII +HD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emuser is not working with EMXP and EII +HD  (Read 2818 times)
Deft

« on: April 20, 2016, 09:36:44 AM »

I`ve got a problem trying to connect Surface pro 3 with EII.  I`ve got emuser, and when running EMXP and trying to send or receive bank from my emu it hangs. on emu screen there is an "under control of macintosh" but nothing else happens. after few minutes EMXP tells that there is an error, error code 1000, reason is 121. Help please.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:26:55 PM »

The high speed communication seems not to be working, but there are a few possible causes.
E.g. a failing transmit or receiver IC in the Emulator-II or parameters that should be adjusted in EMXP.

Were you able to test the RS422 port with Sound Designer on an old Mac ? If that works, it's clear that some parameters will have to be changed in EMXP. But if that doesn't work, there's probably a hardware problem in the Emulator-II.

To validate if the Emulator-II RS422 port is properly working, I can send you a special test program.
Contact me via e-mail (on my esynthesist account on Yahoo).

///E-Synthesist
Deft

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:41:02 AM »

Hello!

I've replaced both ic132 (DS26LS31CN) and ic108 (DS26LS32CN), but problem remains - when I  try to upload or download bank using EMXP and EMUSER, my E II is trying to accesses floppy with os, then show under control of macintosh and hangs... Any ideas what it could be? is there any way to check if my EMUSER is working properly?

Kirill
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:03:30 AM »

Perhaps unnecessary to ask, but please verify that:
- the OS on the Emulator-II is at least rev 2.2
- no MIDI cables are connected to the Emulator-II when the RS422 port is being used
- a bank is loaded on the Emulator-II and the current preset's MIDI is enabled (MONO or POLY)

Also, I have sent you another version of a test program to test if the EmuSer is actually working (see your mail box)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emuser is not working with EMXP and EII +HD

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines