E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Off Topic: EMXP Now Writes S1000 Image Files!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:55:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Off Topic: EMXP Now Writes S1000 Image Files!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Off Topic: EMXP Now Writes S1000 Image Files!  (Read 5645 times)
who

« on: May 22, 2016, 07:48:15 AM »

I hope no one minds me posting this here, but my guess is that at least some of you have Akai S1000s and/or S950s too. 

The latest version of EMXP supports writing of Akai S1000 image files!!  I just converted my first image and loaded it into my S950 and it worked!  Here's how I did it:

1. Converted the SF2 to EB1 (EMXP only supports conversion from Emax files to S1000 files)
2. Converted the EB1 file to .AKI file using EMXP
3. Created an HFE file using the HXC Floppy Emulator software.  (I checked the Treat Input Files As Raw Files box then selected Akai S950 3"5 HD Floppy Disk option, then clicked the Close button)
4. Loaded the HFE file from the HxC emulator installed in my S950

This is going to be a game-changer for using my Akais!!
emax2

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 08:55:11 AM »

will emxp see akai hd images for the s1000/s950 in the future?

as i am using a scsi2sd in both and would love to access my hd drive images from emxp.

Thanks
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:34:45 PM »

will emxp see akai hd images for the s1000/s950 in the future?
This is not on the roadmap for EMXP, so the chance is very small that it will be added in a future version of EMXP.
The primary focus of EMXP remains on old Emu gear...
But never say never  Wink
emax2

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 01:02:39 AM »

thanks for your update.

can i make a small request, when builing a emax patch , can we assign envelope values filter. res also?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »

can i make a small request, when builing a emax patch , can we assign envelope values filter. res also?
EMXP is not really meant to be a patch editor; it's rather a file, disk and communications tool and a sampler format converter.
So unfortunately adding this kind of parameter editing control is not part of the roadmap of EMXP.
(as an alternative you can use an SF2 editor and use EMXP for conversions between Emu formats and the SoundFont2 format...)

Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 09:41:59 AM »

Can I have a request for EMXP ?.

Would it be possible to disable or enable all functions for samplers that users didn't use ( like put writing on grey) ??

Cause sometimes my eyes squinting !  Shocked  in late night in front of my computer

2 hands with 10 fingers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Off Topic: EMXP Now Writes S1000 Image Files!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines