E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer II v2.5 and Emulator III

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:33:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Sound Designer II v2.5 and Emulator III
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer II v2.5 and Emulator III  (Read 6043 times)
razo

« on: February 04, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »

I was just reading about Sound Designer II and it says that version 2.5 (at least) also supported sample dumps using SCSI with Emulator III.
I know Alchemy works well, but it would be fun to hear if anyone has also tried this combination.

"Sound Designer II was introduced with improved computer editing and DSP functionality, and with more samplers supported than ever before. However as Sound Designer II was further developed, after version 2.5 sampler support was dropped completely. SD II supports a range of samples rates, 8 - 24 bits, mono and stereo samples. The Emax (RS422), Emax II (RS422), Emulator II (RS422), Emulator III (SCSI) and SP1200 (Sample Dump over MIDI) are full supported."
http://www.synthark.org/Archive/EmulatorArchive/Emulator-II.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:03:26 PM by razo » Logged
wirefall

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 04:46:03 AM »

Old thread. But EIII is older  Grin
So I recently just have tried this, and it works quite well as with Alchemy. With SDII you could also use a bunch of high quality plugins like that from Waves. You would need an old Audiomedia II (Nubus) for this approach, as this has got a DSP for these plugins on it.

While testing I have experienced again the importance of appropriate SCSI cables. Tried different ones, only some of them works reliably. Some of the obviously cheaper nonames often provoked the typical "SCSI Error". The good working brands are Apple, Lindy and Belkin, so top league. One of the needed cables in my setup has to be quite long (distance to the rack), more than 3 meters. To achieve this I connected two quality cables together with a simple Centronics gender changer in between.

The chain:
EIII (with internal CF and Floppy) > external CF-Card Reader (PCD-50B) > CD-Rom (x1 Apple/Sony) > Iomega Zip 100 > HP SureStore DAT24 (Backup Tape Streamer) > Macintosh IIci

Quite long, but rock stable!  Smiley
willgregory

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 03:34:55 AM »

In my experience Alchemy has the best SCSI sample dump functionality with the EIII as you can select and assign zones from it. The SDII dump and also Turbosynth dump dialog is much more rudimentary, though it is very useful especially with Turbosynth...
Deft

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 01:01:48 AM »

Will sound designer 2 work with audiomedia 3 card, or only audiomedia 2 required?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer II v2.5 and Emulator III

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines