E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Computer and software for EIII and EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:57:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Computer and software for EIII and EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Computer and software for EIII and EII  (Read 4978 times)
kimzim

« on: June 21, 2021, 05:06:40 AM »

Hi,

I have recently acquired an EIII and also have an EII that I haven't had the time to try out much yet. I'm planning on getting a computer for saving banks for both samplers and also for editing loops and even trying to create synthesised samples.

Which would be the best computer to buy that supports both samplers and also can run the software that is best suited for the samplers?

I have heard that early Sound Designer had controls mimicking front panel controls of the EII. But for the EIII a later version would be required? Would a Mac SE with SCSI2SD be a good computer or would something like a Quadra 800 or even Power PC-based work better? I guess Alchemy and Sound Designer would be the main software for my purposes.

There is also EMXP but I'm a Mac guy so I'm not sure if it is right for me. Also I don't own an emuser interface.

And then there is this guy Wolfram Niessen who develops his own software that works with the emuser. It works with modern versions of Mac OS but unfortunately Mr Niessen is pretty unresponsive so that option is uncertain.

I would be very thankful for som advice from experienced users.

All the best,
Kim
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 07:54:50 AM »

Hi Kim,

the Powermac G 4 Mirrordoor is useful, because you can run old System like 9.2 and first versions of OS X!

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
Deft

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 12:39:58 AM »

Sound Designer for EII won`t work on G4 (even on G3). It only will work on early MAC`s with two serial ports.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 01:53:14 AM by Deft » Logged
wirefall

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 03:53:34 AM »

Sound Designer for EII won work on G4. It only will work on MAC with two serial ports.

Exactly. To have some performance for Alchemy 3.0 a Macintosh IIci is quite good, or even a Quadra. I have both here running quite well (all the obvious suspicious apps like Alchemy, SDII, EIII Remote/Librarian), a Iici and also a Quadra 950.
xmota

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 05:16:14 AM »

Hi,

is it possible to use Apple PowerMac G5 with Tiger and SCSI card to run Alchemy/Sounddesigner under Classic Mode?

Deft

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 01:11:23 AM »

Alchemy will probably work (havent tried it myself), sound designer for EII will run, but wont communicate with EII.
Panwork23

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 12:11:36 AM »

I dont know if POWER PC arent enough good or not for E3 applications. I have one, and for the occasion I replug it in the studio. I will try things on it. Actually, I just try to put the vintage disk 3.5 called Remote Librarian version 1.0.2 on the Mac. The program is on the folder, but impossible to load. Crash every time the os (mac OS 8.6). But I read that all mac with port serial printer could be effective for EMULATOR transmission, or EMULATOR  3 at least. Right ?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Computer and software for EIII and EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines