E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Considering selling my E1

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 07:12:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Want to register? Then please don't use a Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail address. They'll block the activation email.
Still having problems activating your account? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  Considering selling my E1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Considering selling my E1  (Read 419 times)
Jr. Member
Offline Offline

Posts: 16

« on: July 21, 2016, 03:25:49 PM »

I am considering selling my E1 serial #0081, formerly owned by Liberace, with stenciled Anvil road case.

Unit was in poor shape due to deteriorating case foam/humidity, etc. when I got it, but was intact

I removed the circuit boards and proceeded to clean the buildup of crud on them. I got as far as replacing all IC sockets on one of the two voice boards and recapping and replacing the regulators on the PSU. I have not had time to double-check the solder joints on the voice board or retest the PSU either. I HAVE NOT powered up the unit at all since I have had it.

The floppy drive belt was very brittle and is no longer. The shell has rust and corrosion with damage to the lettering  on the front panels.

With that being said, all IC’s are present and circuit boards and ribbon cables are complete but have not been tested, so I do not know if they are functional or not. Additionally, I have no floppies at all.

I can and will post pictures when I get a chance. You can also PM me, and I will respond as soon as I can, but please bear with me, as I have a lot of chaos in my life at the moment.

Here’s a link to a post I did on the VSE forum about this beast.

I am debating whether to sell the unit complete or part her out, and as of right now, If I decide to sell, it will be US only (sorry to those abroad), As is – No returns,  Buyer pays  actual shipping costs and shipping insurance if desired,  Money order or cashiers’ check OK – funds must clear your bank before unit will ship, etc.

I really hate to let her go, but current situations are forcing my hand here. I have no idea how to price her, so I will consider offers. Trying to gauge interest at the moment, thanks for your patience.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Considering selling my E1

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines