E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax II front Panel Test problem

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:43:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emax II front Panel Test problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax II front Panel Test problem  (Read 4357 times)
Gregory

« on: July 24, 2016, 01:25:39 PM »

Dear forum members,

I have recently tried the Front Panel test (Master-> Special-> Diagnostics-> Panel Test) on my Emax II Rack 8MB Stereo. And I've found out that buttons "Transpose", "Drive Select" and "Enter" are NOT turning on the corresponding LEDs.

The LEDs themselves are ok, because they all work normally during regular operation.

Does anybody know what does it mean? Is it a symptom of an existing problem? I would greatly appreciate any info.

Unfortunately, I don't have a service manual, so I can't interpret such result of the test.

Thank you!
Gregory
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:27:10 AM »

In normal mode, are the buttons lghting the right leds ?

If yes, are you looking for problems ?

In the service room at E-Mu (Santa-Cruz) where I've been in training cession, there was a great banner on the wall, on wich was written : "IF IT WORKS DON't FIX IT !"

There can also be a bug on the test software, I've seen this already somewhere, on the E2 memory test, if I remember well...
Gregory

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »

Hi Dr. C!  Cheesy Thank you for your reply!

Yes, in normal mode the buttons are lighting the right leds. I was just curious if this test reveals some existing problem by not lighting a particular group of leds. I don't have a Service Manual, so I just don't know.

Anyway, there are no serious symptoms, but every time I turn it on - there is a very loud click on the main audio outputs (either on both Main outs, either on Left out only).

And right! If it works - don't fix it!  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax II front Panel Test problem

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines