E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - *.HFE ---> *.EII conversion ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:55:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  *.HFE ---> *.EII conversion ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *.HFE ---> *.EII conversion ?  (Read 4021 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« on: August 23, 2016, 05:22:02 AM »

I'd like to convert a hfe disk image BACK to *.EII format (in order to convert it to a dpx-hfe file afterwards). Can this be done at all? Or am I too blind to see...
Wolfram

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »

Yes, the HxC software has a batch function for that.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 12:18:17 PM »

Actually as far as I know the HxC software can convert .HFE files to RAW Sector files (with the .IMG extension) but not to EII files. The IMG file contains the full contents of an EII floppy disk, which means both the operating system and the sound bank (EII file).
So an additional step is required to extract the EII file from the IMG file.
This can be done with EMXP: the IMG files are detected by EMXP as Emulator-II floppy disk image files.
After selecting the IMG file(s), you can generate the EII file(s) by using the Copy option.
These EII files can then be converted to DPX files with DPXTOOLS.
BTW I'm trying to simplify this particular procedure in a next version of EMXP...
who

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »

I had the same question and esynthesist helped me in this thread:

http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=8u3c1o16hnihods0grf72o6gt5&topic=2536.0

(Thanks esynthesist!)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:08:45 AM »

Thank you soo much!!

Yes - E-Synthesist is the greatest.

BTW.: I was wondering why the DPX cannot read EII (hfe) files, as it can read physical EII disks?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 05:20:32 AM »

I was wondering why the DPX cannot read EII (hfe) files, as it can read physical EII disks?
Interesting question.
I didn't test it yet, but doesn't it work if you replace the 5.25 floppy drive in the DPX by the HxC emulator instead of replacing the 3.5 floppy drive by the HxC ?
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:49:29 AM »

Interesting question  Cheesy

Haven't tried THAT out, and I won't as it's too much of a hassle for me at this time.
Does the DPX "understand" EII data ONLY via the 5 1/4 connection?  Hard to believe, isn't it?

What I HAVE tried out is to load EII hfe files on the DPX-1 from the HxC, but it doesn't seem to work...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:51:21 AM by Elmbeatz » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »

Does the DPX "understand" EII data ONLY via the 5 1/4 connection?  Hard to believe, isn't it?
It probably uses other floppy disk controller logic to access the 5.25 disk drives.
And the HxC depends on the floppy drive interface being used.
If the DPX's 5.25 disk controller logic behaves identical to the disk controller logic in the Emulator-II, then the HxC should be able to handle the EII HFE files correctly in the DPX.

Which makes me wonder:
The 3.5 drive in the DPX can deal with different disk formats: DPX native formatted, Akai S900, Ensoniq Mirage and Prophet 2000.
Can the HxC in the DPX deal with the HFE files of each of these samplers ?
I think I should install my HxC in one of my DPX-1 players to learn more about it  Wink
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 06:50:37 AM »

Feel free to do so  Smiley

Maybe you have success in reading a EII hfe file, perhaps I made a mistake somewhere...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - *.HFE ---> *.EII conversion ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines